Second Skin Audio

Trying to kill a pair of alpines

girlcrazy_4

I've been trying to kill a pair of the newest version of alpine type r's with shit luck.

I'm running dual Dc 2k amplifiers strapped to a pair of alpine 2+2 vc's They are hooked up to 2ohm, in theory giving the subs a full 4000watts RMS. These subs are rated at 1k-rms so how the hell arent they blowing. I've got the big 3, everything is 1/0 ofc wire, dual kinetic 1800's and a deck with 4v pre-outs. I'm pushing these amps WELL into clipping and at most, one sub has a ever slight rattle but isnt getting worse. Sure, I could throw them on a 40hz tone for 10 minutes but I'm trying to have a little fun doing it. last song I played was 23 by mily cyrus and that gave them a good stink but thats it! For shit subs, these things sure take a beating. Any other takers with a good song that will kill these fu<kers??

play purplesyrup's version of goon bags. Its a coil cooker. Vid of the death would be nice to watch. I hate hype argh's.

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

I have an older type r I am playing around with this things a bitch made my car smell like piss yesterday haha

Try Bass Ballin or Mt Eden Dubstep Exphixia Remix I think it has the same bassline as Late night Tip IIRC

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Play a song that is around your boxes tuning point. And clip the everliving shit out of em. Keep playing the same song.

Edit: Not really shit subs, they're pretty nice. Have fun haha.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I'll take a vid for sure! As soon as they blow I'll take them in for warranty and sell the new-in-box subs I get as replacements to put towards my new subs of choice. I'll try some of those songs and see where it takes me. I'm running a 5 cuft box tuned to 40hz in a quad cab dodge ram; for those who asked.

Archived