blakgtp Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 I'm looking for a beefy 12" to use in my daily driver. I will be playing decaf music and want to sub to destroy the 22-29hz region. Power will be 3-3.5k watts, and maximum enclosure size is 3.0 cubes net. I will be tuning around 29-31hz. I was looking at aa mayhem, psi level 3, tantric sounds hdd, re xxx v4. Any suggestions?
DubNDodge Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 Sundown x12, not sure if it can handle 3k watts though http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/x-series.html '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
blakgtp Posted October 13, 2013 Author Report Posted October 13, 2013 I'm going to be using a dd m3b to power it so I need it to handle at least 3k-3.5k watts edit- I've considered doing 2 X-10's but I'm trying to keep the budget for sub/subs around $500 or under
Guest Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 re XXX will not be able to handle that power whatsoever. and its going to be super hard to get any output under the mid 20hz area. edit: plus, even if you do get the ability to play that low by tuning ridiculously low (no decaf stuff goes under 25hz anyway. except like one song), the upper end 50hz+ will be nonexistent
jarrius Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 grayta uses 2 sundown X's on his build with a saz 2.5k and its gets loud and low he has changeable ports so I would look in to doing that. I sould say to use 2 sundown x10's also or 2 soundqubed HDC3 10's or 1 soundqubed HDC4 12 but its all really what you want man. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Guest Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 hope you have a good electrical to support that amp...or else you're out a grand.
Keith77 Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 Tantric hdd Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
ToNasty Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 tantric hdd or the zv4, but the tantic hdd are beast, i do think the z will play lower better ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
blakgtp Posted October 13, 2013 Author Report Posted October 13, 2013 hope you have a good electrical to support that amp...or else you're out a grand. 230a alt and XS power d3400, soon to buy another d3400
DubNDodge Posted October 13, 2013 Report Posted October 13, 2013 Where is the zv4 at? I was looking for in on sundowns site but could not find it '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.