Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

shallow mounts


Recommended Posts

Posted

i have a 1983 ford f100 im looking to put some shallow mounts in. im hopeing someone here can help me find what im wanting. i have limited space so i have to go with shallows. im wanting one or a pair of hard hitting quality sounding shallows. i never used shallows before and i hope some of you who has much experience can chime in and help me find what i want. open to all opinions and isdeas. thanks all...

Posted

skar and sundown bith have new shallow mounts out

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Posted

You can get the Stereo Integrity shallow mounts here, they never updated the info page on the sub about preordering but they are on preorder ;) all 3 shallow mounts mentioned in this thread are good choices, the BM mkIV needs the least amount of mounting depth and if I'm not mistaken I've read a few good reviews on it from audio magazines or something like that

http://stereointegrity.com/index.php?id=57

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps


Posted

I use to own two of the JL Audio 13TW5's. They are nice for little space. I had them in a sealed box under my back seat in a 01 Sierra before I pulled the back seat out. I think they have good sound to them but as far as flexing, not so much. It may have been my setup but they weren't the loudest. I ran them off two JL 750/1's so they had power. They will give you a kick of bass but from my experience wont be beating down the block. I do know a guy that had 9 of the pioneer shallow mount subs in a extended cab that was pretty loud but it was one of his shop trucks and had more room than you of course to do that.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6077 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...