ezkiiil Posted October 16, 2013 Report Posted October 16, 2013 First starting with that I am from Norway (so don't hate me for the word and how I write a sentence) I'm gonna build a box for two Sundown Zv-4 12. How many liters does if NEED to be? But if I am going to put two Zv-4 15's instead instead, how many liters does it have to be? I have a VW golf 3, and for those who didn't know, it has a small trunk, but i want to have that sick bass. Thanks for the help! Edit: 19.October 2013 I've just made my own design for the box.. I don't know if it's good or not.. someone can come up with something? So here's a picture: The measurement inside the box are: Depth: 350mm Height: 420mm Width: 875mm The port is: The left side of the port is "Depth" :184mm Width: 144mm Height/Lenght: 250mm The box is (128,62Liters) - The port (6,62Liters) 128,62Liters-6,62= The box are at 122Liters! Does it work for two Sundown Zv-4 12's? I want it around 32Hz, but I have no idea whats it is now... Smaller box?Biggerbox?Smaller port?Bigger port?
jarrius Posted October 16, 2013 Report Posted October 16, 2013 How big is your trunk first I see these things have a mounting depth of about 10in so at least need to have 15in(just my opinion) but I could be wrong hope some one ales with more sundown know page can help. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
ezkiiil Posted October 16, 2013 Author Report Posted October 16, 2013 I have way more than 15inches. But I just need how many liters it has to be.
slowfkncar Posted October 16, 2013 Report Posted October 16, 2013 12 zv.4 3-5ft^ 15 zv.4 4.5-6ft^ I don't know sundowns recommended enclosure,but the 15zv4 wasn't happening in my 3.5 cube 30hz enclosure, did a single 15 at 5 cubes and I was very surprised how good it held up to a 2500bdcp.
john253a Posted October 20, 2013 Report Posted October 20, 2013 I haven't ran any numbers But not to many little cars that can fit 2x z12 Let alown 15,s How much power do you have?
ezkiiil Posted October 22, 2013 Author Report Posted October 22, 2013 I have so much power I need, haven't got any amplifier yet
Joe X Posted October 22, 2013 Report Posted October 22, 2013 Those 122 liters you say you have are good for two 12s but never for two 15s, likely you will need to setup a wall if you want the two 15s.
ezkiiil Posted October 24, 2013 Author Report Posted October 24, 2013 I'm going for 2 sundown zv4 12's I got someone to design a box for me, it is tuned to 34.1Hz and the port is 50mm wide by 350mm tall by 690mm long.. I "re-designed" the port a little bit, just because I think it looks cooler. The port is now 300mm long by 270mm high by 150mm wide.. The T-port to the right, is at 12.075 liters and the on to the left that i've made is at 12,15.. does it going to work? will I get much windnoise? And how will the Hz be now?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.