Unfrigginbelievable!

SPL2K

^^^ bad ass saw

Just curious, what job is more profitable, home making boxes, or actually working for someone else?

I would assume workin at home

at the rate of box building you do

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

^^^ bad ass saw

Just curious, what job is more profitable, home making boxes, or actually working for someone else?

it really depends on how much demand there is for your boxes and how fast you can build them but building boxes out of my garage is by far more profitable "most of the time". There are times when i average 6 to 8 boxes per day everyday but then there are times when i will do 1 box in 10 days. That gets kinda scary. :lol:

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

^^^^

of course the best thing to do is have a full time job and then knock out 10 or 20 boxes on the weekend. :D

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

Damnit now im never gonna get your ass down here to help :angry:

hey.....my lease here isnt up until May 31st. :)

^^^ bad ass saw

OOOHHHHH!!!!!! that is more than just a bad ass saw, that my friend is what other table saws wish they could be. The Power Matic PM2000 is the king. That thing has one super heavy base, one of the most accurate fences out of the crate - and the deck is 50 inches long, A cast Iron body , super strong motor, built in router table, and it runs off of 220 volts. The little saws we all own would start to cry if you brought this thing home.

Ahh Hell just read this...

The award winning PM2000 tablesaw sets a new standard for innovation with an array of patented features and massive body design. It boasts the heaviest cast iron base in itsclass that virtually eliminates table vibration. The push button arbor lock is accessible from above the table top to eliminate the need for dual arbor wrenches.

* Quick release riving knife greatly reduces binding/kickback risk

* Built-in retractable caster system (patent pending) for immediate shop mobility

* Push button arbor lock (patent pending) for rapid blade change

* Poly-V drive belt system delivers efficient, quiet operation

* Wide stance heavy-duty trunnion for stability and smooth blade positioning

* Adjustable angle indicators (patent pending) on the blade bevel scale for repeatable bevel cuts

* Industrial-duty Accu-Fence® System ensures accurate cuts

* Enclosed cabinet with cast iron base for rigidity

* Heavy-duty deluxe micro-adjust miter gauge with aluminum extruded 13" extension fence, for good workpiece support and fine angle adjustments

* Precision ground high luster cast iron table tops with front edge bevel for hassle-free workpiece positioning

* Heavy-duty chrome plated handwheels contribute to smooth trunnion/arbor movement

* Independent leaf blade guard and anti-kickback pawls promote safe cutting

* Industrial magnetic controls, and jumbo stop switch is reachable with the knee

* Built-in 4" port for dust collection

* TEFC Motor with magnetic controls

* Standard left and right cast iron extension wings

* Accu-Fence® System with 50" to the right cutting capacity, extension table, legs, Rout-R-Lift®

* Arbor wrench

* Motor cover

* Height 34.5"

* Cast Iron TableBlade Diameter 10"

* Arbor Diameter 5/8"

* Arbor Speed 4300 rpm

* Maximum Depth of Cut: 3-1/8"

* Maximum Depth of Cut at 45 Degrees: 2-1/8"

* Maximum Rip Right of Blade: 50"

* Maximum Rip Left of Blade: 13-1/2"

* Table in Front of Saw Blade at Maximum Depth of Cut: 11-1/4"

* Maximum Width of Dado: 13/16"

* Maximum Diameter of Dado: 8"

* Table Height: 34-1/2"

* Table Size with Standard Extension: 42" L x 30-1/2" W

* Table Size without Extension: 22" L x 30-1/2" W

* Dust Port Diameter 4" OD

* Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required: 350

* Motor Amps 13

* Deluxe Miter Gauge

* Micro Adjustable Aluminum Extruded Fence

* Table Size without Wings 22" L x 30-1/2" W

* Cast Iron Table

* Motor: 3HP, 1Ph, 230V

Blade, power cord plug not included

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

i'd say missing the interview is more important. but if you're makin MORE than enough boxes...then cant keep customers waiting. especially if you can make 10-20 in a weekend (wow wow wow). guess it'd be worth the wait for THEM if they wait to interview you. hopefully they'll understand seeing as how you need the work...and they'd LOVE the skill. congrats however tho for sure

Archived