The funniest things you have seen in car audio!

00j0j_hRI43dBUrzw_600x450_zps8f31c5d5.jp

found this on.cl...

yup

you can't mix square and round subwoofers, you end up with triangle sound waves...

x204RXT1.jpeg

so if i put a round sub, square sub and a triangular sub all in one box, it would all even out right?

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

00j0j_hRI43dBUrzw_600x450_zps8f31c5d5.jp

found this on.cl...

yup

you can't mix square and round subwoofers, you end up with triangle sound waves...

so if i put a round sub, square sub and a triangular sub all in one box, it would all even out right?

No it will summon the cast of Sesame Street.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

You also need a hexagon to cover the sound-shape spectrum.

aaahex_zps038e4973.jpg

Noooooo! Adding the heaxgon is like crossing the streams, you cant do it! If you do Big Bird will spontaneously combust into a bucket of fried yellow chiken.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

best part the kid is selling with a jl 1000/1 and says that jl is the best brand out.

i mean this kid must really know his stuff.

think I'm gonna sell All my gear and buy this.

my only concern Is replacing my back window every week.

here's his post..I'll.let it do the talking

CLhudson valley >all for sale / wanted >electronics - by owner [ account ]

reply below x prohibited[?] Posted: 27 days ago

Jl audio amp/kicker subs/rockford 1.0 cap - $650 (ellenville)

I have a JL audio 1000/1 slash 1000 watt monoblock amp Good condition. If you know audio systems you know JL audio is top of the line and this amp isn't cheap.

I have 1 "12 solobaric kicker L7, and 1 cvr 12 "12 kicker comp sub both in a mtx thunder box.

I have a rockford fosgate 1.0 digital cap. Also have wires. Just the amp and solobaric kicker alone sell for a lot.

Email your number, as I don't always have time to answer my phone. Or shoot an email if your interested...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6g19RyHc66m/p_2061S12L74/Kicker-Solo-Baric-L7-Series-11S12L74.html?XVINQ=DST&XVVER=CCC -

(above is the specs for solobaric L7)

Sensitivity: 86.7 dB

RMS Power Range : 400 Watts

Peak Power Handling: 800 Watts

Impedance: 4 Ohm

Low Frequency response: 25 Hz

High Frequency Response: 500 Hz

Diameter: 12 Inch

Number of Voice Coils: Dual

(above is the specs for solobaric L7)

(link below is for the amp specs)...

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Mono-Car-Amplifier/NEW-JL-AUDIO-1000-1-SLASH-SERIES-MONO-CAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP/1000%5Bs%5D1.aspx

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 4637040094 posted: 27 days ago updated: 26 days ago email to friend ♥ best of [?]

Avoid scams, deal locally Beware wiring (e.g. Western Union), cashier checks, money orders, shipping.

No contact info?

if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or

other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

© 2014 craigslist help safety privacy feedback cl jobs terms about mobile

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I got a buddy whos been talking to me about getting some gear. He asked me to look into a DD9518j. I told him it would require a lot of power to get it moving, and with that, will need a stout electrical to keep it going. He only replies saying, I have 2 5 farad caps, that's all I need. I LOLed so hard aloud.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

lmao!!! the reviews....van blew up into dust with 2 of these in it!!! lololol

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

So a guy that I have done some stuff for asked me to look at his system because the subs kept cutting out. I had set his gains with my DD-1 a while back so I had to make sure I didn't fuck up or try and see if I can fix it. I had not looked fully at his system install until now and it was done by a local shop. After lurking around here for almost a year I have learned a few things and in going to a competition I learned some more. I found that the shop did a shit job. He has an extra battery in the trunk that is wired to a 2-5 farad cap that then goes to a Kenwood 600.1 powering 2 RE 15's. The ground is what got me, they grounded it to the metal support of the seat with 3 different screws to hold it in place (80's Cutlass G Body). First thought is "that can not be a good enough ground and is probably the problem." I then decided to check under the hood as he told me he had a bigger alt put in as well, also the cap was reading 10v when the car was shut off which led me to think it is possibly a charging problem. I find the alt positive wire... it's maybe 12ga. I tell him my sub wire is bigger than what you are using to charge both your batteries. He said "They had just kept adding things for me to buy and I thought I needed it all.". Needless to say he went back to that shop and raised hell and now I will be eventually installing SHCA wires for the system. I also suggested getting rid of the cap since he has a red top optima less than 2ft from the amp.

The shop work around here is a joke for every install I've seen so far.

New to the car audio world and looking to learn as much as I can.

Archived