Sundown Audio

Mb quart onx1.1500 worth upgrade?

tashspop

i currently have this amp running a pair of sundowns sa-8 v2's at 1 ohm. at times it seems to me they could use more amp. Im also in the process of upgrading my electrical (big 3). with the deal out there on the audio technix 1200.1, i'm wondering if i would gain much on my setup buying it.

also my current deck is a pioneer 3100dvd. i have been debating to upgrade that first. can i get some thoughts to push me in the right direction?

thanks

you might notice a difference. you are not getting 1500 out of the MB quart. Power will probably be the same, but once you fix your electrical you would probably see a slight power increase with the 1200.1, it might not be noticeable, but at least you have an amp that will last the long run.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

i'm not worried about the reliability of the amp. i've had very good luck with all my electronics over the years and i chalk that up to how i treat my equipment. i've already began ordering the parts i need to upgrade my electrical. idk if a high output alt. will ever make the list (we'll see). thanks for the insight, i was hoping to see alot of support saying there will be a large difference in output just because i really like it idea. i may just focus my funds towards the better radio for now, but i'll think about it more first.

Check Steve Meades video on the CT sounds 1400.1, it is same board as the AT1200.1 you can expect about 1800 watts constant. If you don't think you are getting even rated with your mb quarts then it may be worth it. With stock electrical though, both may not do amazing. Good thing is the AT1200 is rated at 12.8 volts not 14.4 so as long as you are holding at least 12.8 volts, you are getting rated and then some. The AT1200 is a higher quality product, not try to critize or bash mb quartz.

If you like your amp, and the deck is a bigger problem then I'd try the deck first then maybe amp. Might want to try the pioneer 80-prs. And as long as you do not go much over 1500 watts you don't have to have the h/o alt but it would always help. Big 3 and upgraded batt is always good.

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

right now I have a redtop optima in there, i'm not sure if that is an upgraded batt or not. I just received my parts to upgrade my wire under the hood. right now there is a kicker 4awg kit running to the amp, but my plans are to upgrade the power to 1/0 awg. not sure what my alt. puts out, its in a 2002 chevy 1500 truck.

I was running aq2200 on stock electric with yellow top and never droped under 12volt at 1ohm. And at .5 ohm 11volt. Every now and then it might drop to high 10s for a sec but it was hard to make it drop that low. I don't thing with the setup for wanting or using justifies a h.o alt. but it would be better if you could afford it. I would invest in my front stage first if it was me or head unit . Head units can make all the difference in out put and sound quality. If your running a cheap one and upgraded you would more than Likley notice a difference more so than a slightly larger bass amp. And you said red top battery? Yea those are not intended for heavy draws that systems pull. I would change it to the yellow top . I bet money your not getting any more from the red one versus a regular wet cell batt. Or atleast this is what I think lol

Archived