Sundown Audio

Mb quart onx1.1500 worth upgrade?

tashspop

Do the big 3 upgrade to 0guage power wire. And run a larger sub wires . And make sure you have a realy solid ground. Clean the metal till it shines to have good ground. Frame rail is my fav spot to ground amps . I never use the cab as a ground. I bet if you do all these things you would notice a difference .

Upgrade your + wire run to your amp(s),do the big 3 with 1/0 then see if you notice a difference before you buy an amp. If voltage drops then you might want to either get another battery or a HO alt.would be a good idea to do at once if you're going to upgrade in the future.. Red tops are more for starting race cars,4x4's/offroad vehicles,etc., the yellow tops are more for high power stereo systems,winches anything with high amperage draw basically.. That amp is probably decent with good electrical. Make a ground to your frame for your amps if possible..

cool guys. so i'll move my ground from cab to frame. waiting on responce from ct sounds and might pick that up today on way home from work. i drive right past them on my commute. they have wire too so i might get my power wire.

another score i got this weekend that could help things. ( i know how we all feel about capacitors ) my brother is putting his truck up for sale and told me i can have anything not hooked up. i grabbed a cheap 1f with volt meter, and an alumapro cap15. i'm thinking about putting that alumapro in there once i test to make sure its working.

it was funny seeing that thing in there off a small power acoustics mono amp running a pair of kicker comp entry subs.

cool guys. so i'll move my ground from cab to frame. waiting on responce from ct sounds and might pick that up today on way home from work. i drive right past them on my commute. they have wire too so i might get my power wire.

another score i got this weekend that could help things. ( i know how we all feel about capacitors ) my brother is putting his truck up for sale and told me i can have anything not hooked up. i grabbed a cheap 1f with volt meter, and an alumapro cap15. i'm thinking about putting that alumapro in there once i test to make sure its working.

it was funny seeing that thing in there off a small power acoustics mono amp running a pair of kicker comp entry subs.

I think the alumapro 15 is a legit cap, so I'd run it. There are so many fake caps that are really just shinny p.o.s sold in a nice box.

Caps work if used right. Check out Tony D'amore video on it. He is one of the smartest people I've ever seen. And if I was smart enough I'd

link the video myself.

I think the mb quart onyx series are reliable amps. You will have good luck with that amp.

At least the older series..

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Let me save you some money. You most likely will not see a gain between the 2amps sence they both probly put out the same power. Second I would not put the cap in alloy of times it does hurt the system because it makes a bottle neck at that point. Yes tony did show they can help but you need to know how to use them properly. My opinion buy another battery and use that instead of the cap

Also keep this in mind. Some times doing the big 3 has hurt domes peoples system by showing them how much more electrical they needed. Is it a good idea yes, will it up your voltage from your alt to your battery most likely no it just makes a less resistive path it may acutely make your drop worse but that is still rare

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Let me save you some money. You most likely will not see a gain between the 2amps sence they both probly put out the same power. Second I would not put the cap in alloy of times it does hurt the system because it makes a bottle neck at that point. Yes tony did show they can help but you need to know how to use them properly. My opinion buy another battery and use that instead of the cap

Also keep this in mind. Some times doing the big 3 has hurt domes peoples system by showing them how much more electrical they needed. Is it a good idea yes, will it up your voltage from your alt to your battery most likely no it just makes a less resistive path it may acutely make your drop worse but that is still rare

Notice in my post, If cap is used right, who's to say he isn't going to use it right.

i'll end this debate before it starts. when i get the time to install i'll try it out, if its an improvement it'll stay if not it'll go. big 3 is done and did help a good deal with my lights. i haven't metered my power at the amp yet, so i'm unsure what my drop is. my alt gauge was dropping to 12 on dash, now it may dip to 13 but at higher volumes. i know it s not accurate, but it is a reference.

as far as amp, i dropped by ct sounds on my way home yesturday and picked up the audio technix 1200. the mb quart will move over to my corvette running a single 12. i was very happy how it performed there before moving it.

i still think i need a better deck. it might make the christmas list this year. i would like to upgrade my battery and alternator as i can to feed this system as many suggested. so as fund come available i'll work on those.

thanks for all the help here everyone

Glad its working out for you man, sounds good. Btw what corvette do you have?

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

So the AT/CT amp and MB Quart amp power out put are about the same? Or the AT and CT power output is about the same? I like the bass knob on the CT amps

Archived