Door Panels: Starting New 02 Civic

So have you picked a color?

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

So have you picked a color?

yeah. I've mentioned them on this forum. I even took pics of other pieces with the colors i'm gonna use. check the previous page or somewhere on these pages.

The Door's main color

IMG00779-20120704-0846.jpg

The Top section of the Door & Arm Rest section & Speaker Ring Section.

IMG00796-20120707-1627.jpg

The Speaker and Tweeter Pod Color

unnamed.jpg

Sorry must have missed the color. I have read the whole thread and kept up. lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I'm not hating or taking anything away from your old doors, bc it looks damn good too. But the one you've been working on is above and beyond better IMO...

This is one of the best (if not the best) door build/thread I've seen in the forums. Most helpful and detailed for sure!

But I have to ask....... How in the hell do you intend on repeating the process for the other side to make them somewhat exact?! Lol!

That's the problem with making a one of a kind door, you have to make 2 matching, one of a kind doors. Haha

I have no doubt you'll pull it off, but man that cannot be an easy task..

I'm not hating or taking anything away from your old doors, bc it looks damn good too. But the one you've been working on is above and beyond better IMO...

This is one of the best (if not the best) door build/thread I've seen in the forums. Most helpful and detailed for sure!

But I have to ask....... How in the hell do you intend on repeating the process for the other side to make them somewhat exact?! Lol!

That's the problem with making a one of a kind door, you have to make 2 matching, one of a kind doors. Haha

No it's not easy but you learn one thing when doing adjasent work. We make patterns and templates for almost any shape you may have to incorporate to the other side. The cut-out can be copied with soft cardboard from the back of the door and flipped around to trace on the other door. those acrylic pieces are flush trimed from a mdf template i kept. The shape of the tweeter pod from a cardboard template. the only thing i would have to work hard at is the shapping of the body filler to mirror the first door. But to all reading, the true way of doing it, which i did not, is to do both doors at the same time, but my eagerness took my first door far too forward for me to stop and start on the next. Don't make my mistake. and do both projects together.

I would have to agree with everything you just posted.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

I made the same mistake when doing my pods and made one first, and it was a PITA trying to recreate it on the other side. I made all my pieces/templates at once, but matching the shape/contours was no picnic, and mine isn't even close to the level of detail of yours (not even in the same ball park lol)... you have your work cut out my friend.

Forgot to mention, I absolutely love that cf trim ring around the speaker pod, and with those colors, the contrast is going to look sick!!! I'm already loving the contrast of it against the primer.

I do have a question about your light holes that I asked about before... Since you have Lambo style doors, will any of those LEDs be plainly seen when the door is open? The actual bulbs not the light they emit.

I made the same mistake when doing my pods and made one first, and it was a PITA trying to recreate it on the other side. I made all my pieces/templates at once, but matching the shape/contours was no picnic, and mine isn't even close to the level of detail of yours (not even in the same ball park lol)... you have your work cut out my friend.

Forgot to mention, I absolutely love that cf trim ring around the speaker pod, and with those colors, the contrast is going to look sick!!! I'm already loving the contrast of it against the primer.

I do have a question about your light holes that I asked about before... Since you have Lambo style doors, will any of those LEDs be plainly seen when the door is open? The actual bulbs not the light they emit.

i'm going to push the bulb in until they are flush with the panel on the bottom holes and the arm rest holes as well but, yes, when the lambo is up you will see them. But with the lambo down, they will glow to the ground and on the speaker/ring.

Archived