Sundown Audio

Rockfordfosgate bd 2500 questions

big dee

Hey guys I have a chance to get the bd 2500 and am wondering what the real rms is on these amps . I know the birth sheets says it puts out more than 2500. My issue is this guy didn't get a birth sheet on it cause it was bought and installed at a local shop an they thru the box away along with birth sheet . Can anyone who's has had one tell me what there sheet says on total rms power? Thanks guys o and this amp was bought last July if that helps

My total RMS power is 3532 watts.it's a bdcp though. The audio shop threw his boxes away?? WTF.. he paid for them as well..The stories of the stuff some of these audio shops are doing is a shame and they wonder why the market is down for them.. I only deal with one local shop here that did my original install about 6 years ago or more and they put every box for everything I purchased in the bed of my truck when I picked it up,even the Dynamat boxes were in there. I'd say buy it if you're getting a good price on it,they definitely put out their power ratings but make sure you have the electrical for it. Get a HO alt if you don't already have one and some AGM batteries

The one I'm looking at is not the constant power . It's just bd 2500. Anyone has numbers on these? I know it's probly close to 3k? Or in that ball park maybe ? Lol I've never ran fosgate amps like this. I'm old school we ran punch 45s back in the day ,

They can handle that load but you have to make sure you provide the right amount of juice to that amp. I ran mine at .5 for about a month and it was loud as hell during that time. But I went back to my normal 1 ohm load because it didn't put so much strain on my gear and stuff. Also OP the non constant power amps did big power as well. I actually seen some do well over 3500 watts at 1 ohm.

No System......GFY

Birthsheet numbers don't translate into real world numbers very well. Your best bet, assuming proper electrical and all that, is to expect 2500 watts from that amp.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived