Second Skin Audio

Questions for a box design, single 18' in a trunk.

xxtony1105

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding box design. I am attempting to fit a single 18" sub in the trunk of my car lol. Its a Sundown Audio Nightshade. I believe its a v.2 but I am not sure yet because I don't actually have it. Well I would like to build a box that would allow me to fire the sub forward through the back seats and sealing it off from the trunk. I don't think ill be able to do this though because the opening from the back seats doesn't have enough height. Basically, to get to the point, I was wondering how it would work out if I were to fire the sub up at the trunk lid and port towards the rear of the car? Ideally the same way they one would do it in an SUV or other large vehicle. I've never tried anything like that before and figured I would get some input before i waste time and money to build a box that isn't going to work right. If you need anymore details let me know.

Thanks!

Well I have never fired a sub up and ported back in a car trunk before. I am just unsure of how its going to sound and if it'll cancel sound waves out or not. Kinda like if you were to fire a sub forward without sealing the front off from the trunk. It just wouldnt be as loud as if you were to seal it off.

Archived