thefourth Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 Alright let me start by saying I own a 10 month old American Staff Terrier. As of 3 days ago she began vomiting, stopped eating her food, and also has not pooped in I'd say maybe 2 days. Last night things were getting pretty scary, she didn't move from her bed from about 5pm until 1 am. I called a few vets to try to get an idea of what may be wrong. Everyone pretty much told me the same thing, she may have a blockage in her stomach not allowing her to poop or even have the desire to eat. So, last night I watched her lay there and shake on and off for about an hour until I decided I needed to bring her to the 24 hour animal hospital. They took her in rather quick and basically told me what the other vets suggested. My fiance and I spoke to the doctor who told us she is in need of x-rays and blood work. With the cash I had on me (my entire weeks check) I ended up paying around $300 for just the visit, a bag of fluids, and an anti-nasuea medication. At this point I don't feel like I have any other options as to where to turn. My fiance and I have applied for a pet credit card program to help with the costs. However, the both of us were denied due to our age (I believe) and basically having no credit history. She arrived home last night, and went right back to sleep without eating or going to the bathroom. Still with the very heavy eyes and very weak looking. It's now almost 11 am and she still has not gotten up from the spot she last fell asleep in. I am going to monitor her today and see if I can't get her to try a bland diet food (I doubt she will eat, she hasn't in 3 days.) Anyway the vet told us we would have to get x-rays and bloodwork before they could tell us anything else. The blood work and x-rays are something I just can't afford right now. They want upwards of $350 for this. I'm starting to get upset. There is no way the clinic will work with me financially aside from the Care-Credit program we were denied for this morning. I almost know for sure she will need more care beyond what she received last night. Not to sure about her condition now but she still does not look good. Does anyone know of a place that may be able to help me out? A animal group or something? I've called a few and they are referring me to the same Pet-Credit website. I feel like I've ran out of options. If anyone has any suggestions on what route for me to try I'd appreciate it. Feel like I've exhausted all my options (atleast the ones I've found) and I know she desperately needs x-rays and bloodwork to find out the problem. If you know of an organization or something that could possibly offer me any help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks Here is a picture of her Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
mmets Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 As a owner of a couple dogs and four cats and just an all around animal lover I understand your hardship here. Sucks. To be honest I would try maybe the SPCA and see if they can help you out. some states have them although there is not national branch. Also maybe trying asking your parents or family for a loan. They way it sounds though is not good and probably cant go on much longer. Just my opinion though. If I can the extra money laying around I would help you out but to just be honest I am as broke as you probably. Military pay isn't the best with all my bills I have months where it just plain sucks. I wish you the best of luck though with dog there. Also maybe try just getting a personal loan from your bank, they may give you loan to help you out. There are some credit card companies out there also but I would stay away from that route just because in long run its not worth it. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/Pioneer DEH-80PRSPRV 8MR400-NDY (eight) PRV TW350Ti (6)Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gaugeTM Metalworkz battery terminals 120 sqft HushmatXS Power D3100 (6)Singer 350 Amp Alt Singer 320 (2)American Bass SQL3200 JL Audio JX360/4 Crossfire XS 8K (2) DC Audio XL 15s (6)
gally Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 wow.... sorry to say man...but tchange the VET...thats a Rip Off...and cash in advance just for testing? no way that is a vet man go change it it will rip you of everything you got the vet as any other doctor or veterinar is obligated to do the optional(examination and the next step of illnes(problem) cure) work first....X-ray and blood work is an add on so you must pay it, but you pay it when you go to do the X, not in advance 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
big dee Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 It sounds like she are someone that's got hung up and blocked her intestine or the breeds also ha e issues with there intestine twisting or kinking similar to a wAter hose. She might need surgery to correct it. Try to rub her belly an get help stretching her out laying on her back and rub around the tummy . I hope this help you that's a cute dog bro
Soccerballzs Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 Try maybe heating pad. Take her to the SPCA they will help. They are more worried for your dog then the vet. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
big dee Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 You need to find a vet that's a real animal lover that's not just in it for money and get this poor dog relief cause it can kill her if that is the problem. Bulldogs inhale food and hardly chew. I feed my old English a left over roast and it blocked her like this. Thankfully she got over it in about a week.
thefourth Posted October 26, 2013 Author Report Posted October 26, 2013 You need to find a vet that's a real animal lover that's not just in it for money and get this poor dog relief cause it can kill her if that is the problem. Bulldogs inhale food and hardly chew. I feed my old English a left over roast and it blocked her like this. Thankfully she got over it in about a week. Was she eating other things or drinking during that week? Using the bathroom? Just want to know if there are any signs I should look for that are positive. I've called the SPCA and got a voicemail for a doctor who is was not available. I'm going to keep trying all day and see what else I can dig up. I'm hoping if it does have her bound up she can pass it. Just worries me now this is going on the 4th day without food (aside from the iv she got last night). She is still drinking water and urinating but that is the only time she will get up from her bed. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
big dee Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 Mine just got bloated would not eat or drink and you could tell she was hurting . I kept an eye on her and one morning around 4 or 5 days after it started I we t out to check on her and her stomach had went down and she was all happy again and eating. These kinds of dogs are straight up pigs and eat very fast lol. Your pup might have got hold of somtbing eles . And don't ever feed bull dogs of any breed bones. I know people who do but if they don't chew them up first witch mine didn't they get lodged inside .
meade916 Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 dude, sounds like your dog has Parvo. All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications! http://www.youtube.com/meade916 Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them http://www.instagram.com/meade916 The Official SMD Facebook fan Page https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/ Follow my Tweet (Twitter) http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
Soccerballzs Posted October 26, 2013 Report Posted October 26, 2013 You need to find a vet that's a real animal lover that's not just in it for money and get this poor dog relief cause it can kill her if that is the problem. Bulldogs inhale food and hardly chew. I feed my old English a left over roast and it blocked her like this. Thankfully she got over it in about a week.Was she eating other things or drinking during that week? Using the bathroom? Just want to know if there are any signs I should look for that are positive.I've called the SPCA and got a voicemail for a doctor who is was not available. I'm going to keep trying all day and see what else I can dig up. I'm hoping if it does have her bound up she can pass it. Just worries me now this is going on the 4th day without food (aside from the iv she got last night). She is still drinking water and urinating but that is the only time she will get up from her bed. Try to the dog a laxative in its water may move it through. Could get messy. Try another county there's SPCA. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.