If you had $4k for a build what would you buy?

I;m sure your 4k is burning a hole in your pocket and your brain as well. First thing you need to do is decide what you want form a system, how loud do you really want to be.

Then don't forget to consider expenses for important details like battery(ies), power cable and termination, fuses/holders, sound deadener / sound barrier, misc supplies, speaker wire, maybe a deck, quality material to build a box.

First think about what you want.

Second lay the foundation.

Then plan your speakers and amps.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

hahaha True good setup guys. As for what I plan i've decided to do within 3 stages maybe more but 3 for now :) . 1st stage is the budget of $4k I was planning on a SQL setup. I'd like to be up above 140db if possible. But I like BASS. I like to feel my music. My thoughts were to spend something like $1500 on electrical (including 2batteries {one for the front one for the rear}) one 270a Mechmann alt ofc 0 gauge throughout, big 3, and dampening, fuses, and all the misc. Then as for the build itself I’ll be starting with 2-12” DC’s (question here is lvl3 or lvl4, idk yet… thinking level 3 cause its cheaper leaving room for everything else, and apparently is upgradable) Anywho a single 2.0k to begin with and a 175.4 for the mids and highs. I’ll be running Crescendo mids and highs thinking to start out with 4 6.5’s and 2 ft1 tweets(them things are huge)… Pioneer head unit 4volt preouts. Which would complete stage one. Stage two will be an additional $2k which will be maybe a year out from stage one build. But was thinking of adding another 2-12” and another 2.0k, perhaps some 8” Crescendos and another 175.4 that will complete stage two Then Stage three will be open and I’m not sure when that will be happening. Also remember I have kids so walls are out backseat stays FOR NOW maybe stage three will be out some years IDK hehehe

Oh and this is all going in a 07 Chevy Equinox

Archived