OBI Posted November 4, 2013 Report Posted November 4, 2013 Moved from Kansas to Texas and had to leave my Lincoln back in KS. If I remember right the shipping companies don't really like things left in the vehicles during the transport. Not sure what they would say about my LS with an added 2000 pounds of audio. Pretty much just looking for anyone that has done something like this and how much it cost on average.
carshateme Posted November 4, 2013 Report Posted November 4, 2013 If I remember correctly...shipping consist the same depending on the vehicle model..car/suv/truck. Most of the time for a car...it shouldn't cost more than $1,500. Reason why shipping companies dislike things being kept in the vehicle because it can be tossed around during transport. Then they'll be held responsible. Look around. I know the custom dodge viper I'm working on with Dodge will cost me $1,500 to ship after they make it. New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
LoudBimmer Posted November 4, 2013 Report Posted November 4, 2013 why not just drive it to texas? I'm not sure how far away you are, but gas will still be cheaper than paying to get shipped.
Soccerballzs Posted November 4, 2013 Report Posted November 4, 2013 Haven you tried a Moving. Company they will move if for you. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
boom50cal Posted November 4, 2013 Report Posted November 4, 2013 Could honestly end up being cheaper befriending a guy with a 3/4 ton diesel pickup and taking a weekend to drive up and tow it back. Take a modern 6.7 powerstroke or Cummins, depending on gearing of the truck you'll get 18ish mpg getting there unloaded and like 12 loaded coming back. My uncle can get a solid 14 mpg in his 5.9 Mega cab with a dual axle flatbed bumper pull, 2 sand cars, and 2 quads plus a weekend worth of camping shit in the bed....while doing 70 on the highway. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
dyablo409 Posted November 4, 2013 Report Posted November 4, 2013 I want to know where in tx you moved to.I would love to hear the Lincoln.
b-eazy Posted November 4, 2013 Report Posted November 4, 2013 I paid about 2k to ship the stormtrooper. ...for n.c. to albq. New Mexico. .... ;) tons of audio....
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.