Second Skin Audio

Help with fi ssd 15 box design

Mr DeeBeez

Yeah it is designed for 3/4 MDF, the box is 18" tall, as you requested.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

i can not thank you enough. and boom, yes this does deserve an award! this was soooo helpful and saved me a lot of hair pulling, and probably will make it sound better than if i designed my own. i just have to make sure that a box this size will fit through my trunk hole. im pretty sure it will, its pretty wide open, but i think i am going to make just a 2x4 box with these dimensions and see if it fits through.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

i can not thank you enough. and boom, yes this does deserve an award! this was soooo helpful and saved me a lot of hair pulling, and probably will make it sound better than if i designed my own. i just have to make sure that a box this size will fit through my trunk hole. im pretty sure it will, its pretty wide open, but i think i am going to make just a 2x4 box with these dimensions and see if it fits through.

I always recommend doing a cardboard dummy box for test fitting, keep changing it until you have the absolute best possible size and then tweak the design with that information.

I'm glad I could help, tyholewinski, I really enjoying doing the design work.

<shameless plug>I'm kinda in the process of starting an audio business and if you are so inclined you can take a look at my facebook page and give me a like/say something nice. http://www.facebook.com/triticumaudio </shameless plug>

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

You can download the SketchUp file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1642665/FI%20SSD%2015.skp

Builds:

Ok...so that didn't work out how I hoped. It won't fit through the opening. Monday will be figuring out how big it can be. I know it can only be 16" tall so I think we need to make sort of a wedge. I don't think it will be tall enough to fit the 15" on a 16" face.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived