Second Skin Audio

Help with fi ssd 15 box design

Mr DeeBeez

I have the same car just the gtp and I'm done trying to fit a box through the small opening. I'm just going to build mine in the trunk and use lots of corner braces and wood glue and screws where I can fit them.

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

yeah it seems like it would be no problems fitting a box in there. it looks very big... till you actually try. lol i dont think building it in the trunk would work too well. first time builder and trying to seal it in a tight space does not seem fun to me. lol

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

x2 just go with the 16 height or run sealed first to get box building skills up to par

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

yeah it seems like it would be no problems fitting a box in there. it looks very big... till you actually try. lol i dont think building it in the trunk would work too well. first time builder and trying to seal it in a tight space does not seem fun to me. lol

it is hard to seal in a small space but if you fiber glass the inside then there shouldnt be any worry about sealing it. and if its to hard then just build a small sealed box.

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

you can fit the box Fi provides for a 15" into that trunk because its not that deep. I fit a 16 high sealed for a Q.

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

OK Ty, here is what I've got for ya:

FISSQ-15Ported-Dim_zps10036b9d.png

I was able to fit all 3.5 cubes of space for the driver chamber. The port is 11.5" x 5.5" for 63.75" sq. in. of area and is tuned to 32 Hz.

One thing about this design you will have to keep in mind is the baffle and bottom piece are very large panels with lots of surface area so they will need to be well attached and braced. If they aren't the could come loose and almost definitely will flex. Here is an idea of how you could brace it:

FISSQ-15Ported-Braces_zps31bbec1f.png

The important part is you have some braces running from the baffle down to the bottom piece at least.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yeah I'll do a cut sheet a bit later when I get a chance. MDF will be fine for the braces, or you could use hardwood dowels 3/4" or bigger. For wood glue I use either Titebond I or Titebond II, both are cheap, work very well, and are easy to get. You need to clamp the edges well for an hour or so while the glue dries to get a good bond though. If you are able to make accurate cuts and get good joints you wont need to caulk the box, though it certainly won't hurt if you do caulk it anyway. If you do use caulk be sure not to install your driver in it for several days as the caulk releases an acid that can attack your surround while it cures.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived