Second Skin Audio

Help with fi ssd 15 box design

Mr DeeBeez

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Sweet. Hopefully will be getting the supplies today and start on it. Have off of work till Wednesday I I should get a good start on it. Do you recommend moving the box inside while the glue dries? I live in wisconsin so it's not that warm. It's 40 degrees.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Yeah, it won't cure very fast at all at that temperature, and its important that the glue doesn't freeze. Also when you glue the box together you either need to use a LOT of clamps or screw the edges together every 3 or 4 inches while the glue dries. Once the glue has set you can remove the screws, they don't add any strength

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

awesome help triticum!

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

So I picked up a sheet of mdf and was going to have Home Depot Cut it for me just to make things easier. Got a couple pieces cut and realized the saw wasn't cutting straight. So ill have to cut it myself. Gonna wait for it to get a little warmer out hopefully. Don't feel like working outside in 30 degree weather

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Yeah, you kinda get what you pay for with those free cuts from Home Depot. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with your box building plans. Post lots of pics!!

Builds:

Archived