Sethorama Posted November 6, 2013 Report Posted November 6, 2013 Alright. Im in the process of putting together a system. Ive already got me a box because i could not find anyone locally around that would be willing. here are the specs of the box... 2-12" VENTED SUB BOXAIR VOLUME: 1.55 CUBIC FEET PER SIDE DIVIDED: YESPORT/VENT TUNE FREQUENCY: 35 HzMAX FRAME SIZE: 13"MOUNTING HOLE SIZE: 11.125" MOUNTING DEPTH: 7.25" WITH A 6.5" DIAMETER MAGNET I am needing some idea's of subs to fit. Ive seen sa-12's in this box and it sounds good. I was thinking either sa-12's or the new soundqube HDS12 that are 1200 rms ea.. But would like other idead if anyone knows subs that may fit with the specs i provided.. Also i will be pushing around 2200-2500rms It is going in a 2013 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 DIesel 4x4 Quad cab. Current mods i have done so far is Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS RF T1 6.5 Componets in the front RF T1 6.5 2WAY speakers in the rear. Running currently off a Powerbass XAX-4160FD 4 Channel Used the 4 door NVX Sound deadner kit on the doors. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_40529_NVX-SDDK12.html Box website & Specs http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC-212-V
nocturnalrites101 Posted November 6, 2013 Report Posted November 6, 2013 oh i thought it said 1.55 for both subs my badbudget?
Sethorama Posted November 6, 2013 Author Report Posted November 6, 2013 oh i thought it said 1.55 for both subs my bad budget? No its diveded. But i guess i may be able to cut some holes to equalize the space? if that is recommended.. budget is around 250 max a sub new or used Subs needs to be able to take 1k each daily min Ill prolly be pushing an audioque 2200 at them.. also.. They recommended alpie type r subs, jl w6 and a few other brand subs. I am honestly looking for subs not along the lines of brands like those. I want subs that can handle some good clean power. That can produce some good bass and numbers on music OUR MOUNTING DEPTH AND MAGNET SIZE IS LISTED SLIGHTLY SMALLER THAN IT ACTUALLY IS TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. SUBS WITH LARGE BULKY CAST FRAMES MAY NOT FIT.
Joe X Posted November 6, 2013 Report Posted November 6, 2013 The HDS12s need larger airspace so I wouldn't recommend, DC audio level 3 would fit the airspace and the power perfectly.
boom50cal Posted November 6, 2013 Report Posted November 6, 2013 Could you snag running them inverted? Or possibly making adapter rings to allow a 10 to be mounted in there... I had my SSD10 in 1.24 after displacement and it sounded amazing. You'd be looking at 1.4ish per sub after either a 10 or 12 of the Fi SSD line... But if SA-12's worked good in there once before, don't fix something that isn't broke On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Sethorama Posted November 6, 2013 Author Report Posted November 6, 2013 The HDS12s need larger airspace so I wouldn't recommend, DC audio level 3 would fit the airspace and the power perfectly. Yeah i just got a reply from the someone from sq saying they need around 2cu ft ea... Never heard level 3's. That maybe someone i may have to look into..
Sethorama Posted November 6, 2013 Author Report Posted November 6, 2013 Could you snag running them inverted? Or possibly making adapter rings to allow a 10 to be mounted in there... I had my SSD10 in 1.24 after displacement and it sounded amazing. You'd be looking at 1.4ish per sub after either a 10 or 12 of the Fi SSD line... But if SA-12's worked good in there once before, don't fix something that isn't broke I cannot run inverted as this is a under the seat box.The box is flush mount so it would be possible to make an adapter if need be.. im looking at the sa-12 more than likely. id like to use fi or dc if possible. idk if the sa-12s would like 2200 rms though...? in my particular box Duncan Oklahoma. Aint been there in a while. round my neck of the woods kind of. Im from Pauls Valley
boom50cal Posted November 6, 2013 Report Posted November 6, 2013 Could you snag running them inverted? Or possibly making adapter rings to allow a 10 to be mounted in there... I had my SSD10 in 1.24 after displacement and it sounded amazing. You'd be looking at 1.4ish per sub after either a 10 or 12 of the Fi SSD line... But if SA-12's worked good in there once before, don't fix something that isn't broke I cannot run inverted as this is a under the seat box.The box is flush mount so it would be possible to make an adapter if need be.. im looking at the sa-12 more than likely. id like to use fi or dc if possible. idk if the sa-12s would like 2200 rms though...? in my particular box Duncan Oklahoma. Aint been there in a while. round my neck of the woods kind of. Im from Pauls Valley Raptorman ran 2 sa-12's off a BC2k, basically exact same board as a AQ2200. Pauls Valley, no shit? I had some family there and in Wynnewood. I'm from Sulphur, the shithole it is, but now I'm up here. Hit me up sometime if you're ever down here, or if you're planning of going to Turkey Drag in December. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Sethorama Posted November 6, 2013 Author Report Posted November 6, 2013 Could you snag running them inverted? Or possibly making adapter rings to allow a 10 to be mounted in there... I had my SSD10 in 1.24 after displacement and it sounded amazing. You'd be looking at 1.4ish per sub after either a 10 or 12 of the Fi SSD line... But if SA-12's worked good in there once before, don't fix something that isn't broke I cannot run inverted as this is a under the seat box.The box is flush mount so it would be possible to make an adapter if need be.. im looking at the sa-12 more than likely. id like to use fi or dc if possible. idk if the sa-12s would like 2200 rms though...? in my particular box Duncan Oklahoma. Aint been there in a while. round my neck of the woods kind of. Im from Pauls Valley Raptorman ran 2 sa-12's off a BC2k, basically exact same board as a AQ2200. Pauls Valley, no shit? I had some family there and in Wynnewood. I'm from Sulphur, the shithole it is, but now I'm up here. Hit me up sometime if you're ever down here, or if you're planning of going to Turkey Drag in December. Born and raised in the valley haha. Okay. Im sure they could take the power. Just didnt know how much they could handle.. Im stuck between the 2 kind of know. sa-12 / dc lvl 3 Yeah my brother and his wife and their whole family live there in Wynnewood. Sulphur i used to go around there and Davis back in the dack when i was single haha.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.