chad190 Posted November 8, 2013 Report Posted November 8, 2013 Ok, so I'd really like to get into job for like Best Buy's Geek Squad installing Automotive Electronics to get started and get a permanent job doing this for maybe a local audio shop. Does anybody know how I'd get the MECP Certification? or maybe know a better way to go about getting a job like this? I'm in NW Iowa (If that helps any) EDIT: I've been looking at colleges around and can't find anyone that offers it. 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
Jskiles Posted November 8, 2013 Report Posted November 8, 2013 http://www.mecp.com/Home.aspx Check that site out. It shows where the testing sites are 2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build) 2 Sundown SCV-3000D 2 DC XL M1 with PSI reconesFocal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HPKenwood KDC-X798Knukonceptz OFC 1/0Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunkStock 110 amp alt 2013 Scion TC 2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200 Sundown components AA 50.2 for components Pioneer FH-X700BT Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back Mechman 240 alt http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Buildhttp://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox
MaxVolume Posted November 8, 2013 Report Posted November 8, 2013 Acoustic edge of houston is an awesome place to learn the profession
chad190 Posted November 8, 2013 Author Report Posted November 8, 2013 Alright, thanks guys 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
finkster Posted November 9, 2013 Report Posted November 9, 2013 The MECP books are well written, but sometimes it takes more than one different approach to understanding things, as we're all wired different. I encourage you to read more than just that book to reinforce a lot of the concepts presented. bcae1.com is a great site as well (not to mention free) I can not stress enough how important it is to learn the major components of circuits, not just the installation procedures. Getting certified is a good first step to travel this path of profession, but know that hands on experience is half the learning curve. There's nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it. Good luck and happy studying. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Rmichael91 Posted November 10, 2013 Report Posted November 10, 2013 Installer's Institute in Daytona Beach, Fl. Provides housing in tuition, good location, hands on and classroom enviroment. Highest placement after graduation. 2 of my buddies actually graduated here and do GeekSQUAD installs at Best Buy. One has his master and the other basic. I've never seen an alarm, headunit, and doors get done quicker. They offer 2 different program lengths with advanced skills. I thought about going myself but I decided to stick with my criminal justice dreams and keep audio for hobby and on the side.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.