Second Skin Audio

Can Box Burn Coil?

gattiboy13

i just burned a sd12-d4 coil running 2ohm on a fosgate t1000mono amp sent it in there sending me a sa12-d2 coil so i can run at 4ohm costing me 140$

just did another build with 2 sa10 d4 coils running them at 1ohm think im gonna rewire to 4 ohm im affraid of burning them

dont know if air space can burn a coil to much power or clipped signal

id like to know more about this

i just burned a sd12-d4 coil running 2ohm on a fosgate t1000mono amp sent it in there sending me a sa12-d2 coil so i can run at 4ohm costing me 140$

just did another build with 2 sa10 d4 coils running them at 1ohm think im gonna rewire to 4 ohm im affraid of burning them

dont know if air space can burn a coil to much power or clipped signal

id like to know more about this

are you sure you know what you're doing? Blowing SA on 650wrms is pretty hard to do.

You're either have a tiny box or sending clipped signal.

How did you set the gain on your amp? You could be clipping.

This ^^

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

How did you set the gain on your amp? You could be clipping.

One nice thing on the 9601 amp. You know if it clips. because it has the built in feature so any distortion detected will make the amp cut out. But OP you probably already know that.

didn't steve test a pioneers clip meter with his dd-1 to find that it was WAY off?

maybe it was a different amp.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

My X-12 gets stinky also (barely broke in), but I think its normal for Sundown subs. I have mine on a saz-2500 in a 2.5^3 w/ only 12in/^3 @ 32Hz with my gain and boost set @ about 65-70% and my deck w/ 5v pre-outs set to 0. My clip indicator flickers every now and again, but it seems a lil too sensitive cuz I don't hear any distortion and don't dim too all that much. Then again mines in a trunk rear fire. But I have a pretty large pass through so I can hear distortion. There's actually a review on SSA of an X-12 where a dude accidentally punctured his surround, so being that he was gonna recone it, he figured he'd see what it could take. He had it on a BD2500 and I guess it wouldn't die, although it got stinky and a bit warm, it refused to die. My buddy's E also stunk.

Your just cookn-in the resin. All subs stink on break in, however sundowns do seem to stink more than usual. I wouldn't be too worried if your got clean power.

97 2dr GTP

140a AD244

DH platinum group 32

0awg welding cable

SAZ-2500 / X-12

JVC Arsenal KD-A95BT

Sony coaxials and factory tweets

Gain & bass boost on 70% with 5v pre out?

My 4v pre out leaves my ct2500.1 when tuned at -5dbwith a dd1 at like 30%. And just to see I tuned with -15db which is known for basically being clip city bitch. And 4v pre out leaves -15db at about half gain. Both of these are bass boost at zero.

Re check your gains.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Archived