Opinions on 6.5 non components

Impalalpine

What's everyone running. I'm on the market for supplementary highs. And coaxles are easy to work with. I have had some experience with silk dome tweeters in a previous build and loved them. Have a friend with Rockford power T2 components they sounded clear and all but the tweeters.. Man the tweeters were disappointing. They'd were so bright it was unconfortable, and after doing some research I found that they are aluminum . I should mention this friend is not an audiophile like us and who knows where the amps settings were. It was run off a prime R 600.4 is it the tweeters or the user. Is silk better than aluminum? Or is that marketing

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

these sound pretty good. they have a real tweeter, not some .5" piece of plastic lol

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-8736-ts-d1702r-pioneer-6-34-280-watt-2-way-d-series-coaxial-speakers.aspx

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

these sound pretty good. they have a real tweeter, not some .5" piece of plastic lol

I don't have any experience with pioneer. So there doing alright? Good products?cause these do look good.

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

n8ball2013

Simply put aluminum is more harsh/brighter sounding and silk is more natural and smooth

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

I don't have any experience with pioneer. So there doing alright? Good products?cause these do look good.

yeah, pioneer has some very respectable products. I used those speakers a long time ago and, for coaxials, I really liked them.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Are components solely better because of their ability to place the tweeters? Or are the parts literally better than the equivilant coaxles. The price jump is pretty signifigant.

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Home Music Setup

n8ball2013

Silk tweeters are more calming to the ear. More natural. I run RE Audio XXX6.5 components in my Commander back doors with Pioneer Pro 8 inch mids in front doors with Orion HCCA Tweeters in front windshield columns.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Are components solely better because of their ability to place the tweeters? Or are the parts literally better than the equivilant coaxles. The price jump is pretty signifigant.

couple things, each component is usually better. Comp sets come with a crossover. coaxials are just cheap speakers made for simple systems. the funny thing about tweeter placement is that a single reference point it actually supposed to be better for imaging.

Archived