iceman1575 Posted November 14, 2013 Report Posted November 14, 2013 Trying to keep an install in my '06 Duramax as simple as I can. I've decided to try one of the Alpine headunits with the KTP-445 power pack so I don't have to add a separate 4 channel amplifier and the wiring mess it would bring. Now I'm just trying to find an actual decent set of speakers for the doors. Right now there are Walmart-bought Kicker 6.5's (bought by previous owner) and one of them is already on it's way out (go figure)...does anyone have some suggestions for some nice, efficient 6.5's, coax or component? Don't need a ton of volume, just want to keep it clean as possible. POTATO!
Duece22 Posted November 15, 2013 Report Posted November 15, 2013 I absolutely love my Sundown 6.5 CS. I have them powered by a JL Audio G6600. You won't be disappointed. 2008 Hummer H3 x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s x1 Sundown Audio 3000D
Soccerballzs Posted November 15, 2013 Report Posted November 15, 2013 I run RE Audio XXX Components. Love the nice natural sound of the silk tweeter. Not a fan of metal tweeters they sound harsh and unpleasant at high volumes. Plenty of volume with room to spare. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
EKCASA Posted November 15, 2013 Report Posted November 15, 2013 I just put RF Primes in my truck. I used the coax for rear fill and components for the doors. Super clean sound and not to hard on the wallet. I have the Coax of the deck and the components on a Prime 250X4 all HPF @ 80Hz. www.facebook.com/EKCASA www.facebook.com/EKCASA System: All Rockford Fosgate Front: 2 Pair Prime 6.5's and 1 pair Prime 5.25 Components Rear: 1 Pair Prime 6.5 3 Ways Subs: 4 Prime R2D2-12's Amps: Front: Prime R250X4 Subs: 2 Prime 500X1d's HU: JVC KD-AR959BS 2 Optima Yellow Tops Singer 230A H/O Alt. Lots of KnuKonceptz 1/0 and accessories 105 Sq ft Kno Knoise deadener
EKCASA Posted November 15, 2013 Report Posted November 15, 2013 I just put RF Primes in my truck. I used the coax for rear fill and components for the doors. Super clean sound and not to hard on the wallet. I have the Coax of the deck and the components on a Prime 250X4 all HPF @ 80Hz. www.facebook.com/EKCASA www.facebook.com/EKCASA System: All Rockford Fosgate Front: 2 Pair Prime 6.5's and 1 pair Prime 5.25 Components Rear: 1 Pair Prime 6.5 3 Ways Subs: 4 Prime R2D2-12's Amps: Front: Prime R250X4 Subs: 2 Prime 500X1d's HU: JVC KD-AR959BS 2 Optima Yellow Tops Singer 230A H/O Alt. Lots of KnuKonceptz 1/0 and accessories 105 Sq ft Kno Knoise deadener
bighossf150 Posted November 15, 2013 Report Posted November 15, 2013 Budget? Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
iceman1575 Posted November 17, 2013 Author Report Posted November 17, 2013 Thanks for the suggestions all. I've put silk tweeters down as one of the qualifications for the kit. I'm gonna try and do components all around. Budget is whatever is necessary for a decent job. Like I said, I'm trying to keep things as clean/stock as possible, so it's only going to be getting 45w each from the KTP-445. POTATO!
Smoove Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 RF T1675-S 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Brandon Nelson Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 i like the crescendo mezzo series for my car
Soccerballzs Posted November 17, 2013 Report Posted November 17, 2013 There so many quality speakers out there. You will find one that suits your taste in sound that you are looking for. There is even old stock of Orion HCCA that you can pick up for a reasonable price. Good luck! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.