Cablguy needs help from the SMD / MECA Bassheads

OK ... not saying I have plans to make any wild changes yet ... just gathering up info ...
OK ... Everyone knows that I have a 1997 Chevy Silverado and it is primarily used as a Sound Quality competition vehicle ...
image_url-43297-1379395584.jpg

and this is the enclosure setup that I have now that needs to be pulled out and worked on ...
(please keep in mind that this is an old Pic of when the setup was first installed and for the most part, has not changed as far as the enclosure is concerned ...)
image_url-43297-1304688559.jpg

as it sits now ... It can do a 137.7 (windows up, doors closed, and mic up on the dash) at 28 htz ...
about the same for USACI SPL (driver door open, mic in the kick pannel, and playing a 56 htz tone) ...

Now for the most part, My plans are to make my front stage be excuslively for Sound Quality ... meaning if I can set the front stage up like I want, there will not be any need for my truck to have rear mounted sub drivers for Sound Quality any more ... (this project will take some time ... hence why I'm only gathering info at the moment) ...

So here is what I'm thinking and where I need some help ...
To get my truck to the next level of "total competition system" ... I'm thinking that my truck needs to be efficient in the SPL realm as well as Sound Quality ...

My primary goal with this is to be able to burp a 150 db (give or take) consistant when needed ...

No, I have no plans for "street beat" or "DB drag" ... but all I'm asking for is just enough "burp" to register on a term lab and not destroy my enterior to the point of shaking everything loose and make things rattle ... So here is my Questions ...

1. In MECA SPL ... What is the minimum time for a "burp" of say 56 htz (I know, Random freq. I used during USACI SPL) to register on a term lab ??? hopefully under 5 seconds ...

2. I know exactly what my truck can do with a low tuned / flat responce enclosure ... but can someone please tell me what the resonance frequiency of my truck in in the terms of pure SPL ???
Please keep in mind that this vehicle has full interior ...

3. My enclosure will be complete blow through style setup if I decide to go through with this ...
... and the SPL realm wiil consist of a pair of Linear Power LP2250 amplifiers = 1000 watts RMS
(more info can be given on the amplifiers if needed to answer this question ... please ask) ...

So what class will I need to run in to compete MECA SPL ???

and there will be more Questions I will need to ask as some of theses Questions are worked out ...
I have someting in mind of what plans I have for the Sub enclosure setup ... but I have things to work out with my front stage first ... So plese, don't drag me too deep into the SPL realm just yeat guys !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

general burps are like 3 seconds as far as term lab goes. registers faster than that though on the meter

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

general burps are like 3 seconds as far as term lab goes. registers faster than that though on the meter

Nice ... The least amount of time on "full tilt" ... the better !!!

Thank You

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I plan on going stupid with the cut through ... Welding angle Iron around all areas of the opening to the cab by actually mating together the cab and the bed ...

Fixing it to where it can be bolted and to where we can take it back apart by bolts and nuts if need be for updates and repairs ... but making it VERY Solid !!!

ok, response time is about 1-1.5 seconds to start reading.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

ok, response time is about 1-1.5 seconds to start reading.

That is what I was thinking ... That will work

Thank you !!!

Now I need to find out exactly MECA does their SPL readings (where the mic goes and limitations with how the vehicle needs to sit during the run) ...

To get my truck to the next level of "total competition system" ...

Just to be clear here ... My plans are to compete MECA SQ - MODDEX, SPL - Not sure of class yet, and Ride the Light ...

... and not necessarily in that order ... LOL

as soon as I get time ... I will start going over the MECA rules for SPL

the mic sits on the seat, elevated on a stand, a few feet from the windshield. the mic placement likes lower frequencies. you usually want to hold a tone for about 4 seconds just because the score could go up a tenth or two. maybe that's not a concern for you.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

the mic sits on the seat, elevated on a stand, a few feet from the windshield. you usually want to hold a tone for about 4 seconds just because the score could go up a tenth or two. maybe that's not a concern for you.

Ok ... Makes sence. I'm going to assume that the mic takes the place of the driver's head (ears) ...

... and what do you mean when you say this ???

the mic placement likes lower frequencies.

If I can get the enclosure that I have in mind (already built in another truck) ... I think it is tuned aroung 40 htz (I really need to verify this ASAP)

I will be able to give more details on this (and the drivers) if I can get my hands on this enclosure to put in my truck ... Not sure at this time if it is even possible to get this ... But would be nice, It is a well built enclosure !!!

But it's things like this I need to know if I need to actually build an enclosure because I kind of want the highest frequiency possible cause lower frequiencies tend to "destroy" interiors ... Trust me, I know from personal experience ...

Now I can say this about the Blow Through setup ... I will be fixed below the windowline to where I can completly cap it off for Sound Quality competition ... Don't want the SPL drivers making any unwanted frequiencies during testing / judging ...

The mic is 20in from the glass. On meca's website you should be able to find a blueprint for the stand. With some spare mdf, glue and a couple zip ties for the mic...takes no time to build

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Archived