Sundown Audio

Dc build and Audioque build

Impalalpine

Op I don't know if you looking at the 3500 or the 2200 but in a couple weeks I will be sending a soundqubed 2200 to cj18 to get tested on the amp Dyno. He already has dc 2.0k Dyno results on here.

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

DC uses higher quality internals that will last longer and also they will not protect at super low ohm loads.

then how come DC doesn't back it up with warranty below 1 ohm?

That's making hell of a statement without anything to back it up

Not here to argue but Lenny runs his 6 9.0ks at 0.35 daily. Companies do not warranty amps below 1 ohm normally because people do not wat to run proper electrical for super low ohm loads

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Exactly so don't say they aren't stable enough under 1 ohm. I'm not saying which one I'm more comfortable using but they are both the same in my eyws

no.. even if its stable at 2 ohms even 4 ohms. if you dont have the proper electrical the amp will go up in smoke.. even if the amp is stable at 1 ohm and you run it at 4 ohm you need to have the proper electrical

a DC 9.0k is stable at 1 ohm.. at 1 ohm it pulls around 850 amps, you can run it at 4 ohm but you still need the electrical to run it at 4 ohms (400 amps draw).. you cant run it with 60a alt and just 1 led acid battery under the hood just because its stable at 1 ohm and your running it 4 ohms.. they wont warranty it because it has a grater chance of failing.. Fi does the same with it subs.. they rate the SP4 at 3000 but people push double even triple the watts. why doesnt Fi warranty them? because they have a grater chance of failing.. its there to protect the company and its name.. the last thing they want is people running the amps at -2 ohms and getting warranty claims every 5 minutes.. it gives a company a bad reputation for broken and shitty amps

edit: buy any amp by any company and run without proper electrical and see if they will honer the warranty... i bet they wont since its not a manufacture defect.

now to the OP i have yet to see any DC amp fail and if they do its not often.. AQ/SQ i seen a few fail.. could be user error though

Exactly so don't say they aren't stable enough under 1 ohm. I'm not saying which one I'm more comfortable using but they are both the same in my eyws

no.. even if its stable at 2 ohms even 4 ohms. if you dont have the proper electrical the amp will go up in smoke.. even if the amp is stable at 1 ohm and you run it at 4 ohm you need to have the proper electrical

a DC 9.0k is stable at 1 ohm.. at 1 ohm it pulls around 850 amps, you can run it at 4 ohm but you still need the electrical to run it at 4 ohms (400 apms draw).. you cant run it with 60a alt and just 1 led acid battery under the hood just because its stable at 1 ohm and your running it 4 ohms.. they wont warranty it because it has a grater chance of failing.. Fi does the same with it subs.. they rate the SP4 at 3000 but people push double even triple the watts. why doesnt Fi warranty them? because they have a grater chance of failing.. its there to protect the company and its name.. the last thing they want is people running the amps at -2 ohms and getting warranty claims every 5 minutes.. it gives a company a bad reputation for broken and shitty amps

I never said that. He was just saying the dc can be brought down lower. And I disagree. They can both be brought down under 1 ohm ( if the electrical is right)

this thread cracks me up, the op says "i'm not asking which one is better" then proceeds to ask which one is better. This is why we can't have "vs" threads. damn noobs

quoted the wrong post

both amps are solid.. dont know which is better but i would buy DC before AQ just because of not seeing them fail often even under .5 ohms

Archived