Sundown Audio

Is my amplifier toast?

shanesauce

So long story short, I ran my wires today and hooked up my temporary amp I bought off of a buddy for $40. A boss AR1500M mono block.

I saw the 30 amp fuse and figured it put out maybe 100rms or so.

Anyways I hooked it up directly to the battery when I got it to make sure it worked and it did.

I went to hook it up today after I ran my wiring and the fuse popped, I replaced the fuse tried again and it popped. So then I went to a different ground (no painted metal of course) and it popped AGAIN!

So at this point I assumed there was a short in my power wire somewhere, so I popped the hood and hooked it directly to the battery again, POP!

I am thinking there is something wrong with this amp, it worked fine the other day though.

Should I take it apart and look inside? I figure this puppy is toast.

- 2012 Mustang 3.7 Manual

- Audio under construction

Usually not hard to tell

This is toast:

white-bread-toast.jpg

Amplifier:

AR1500M_FACE.JPG

which does yours look like?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Hot damn trans am look at that perfect toast

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Excuse my noobish ways, I believe I have found the issue.

Who would have ever thought?

20131117_0101061.jpg

OMG a new guy who has a sense of humor?!?!?!?!?

#RARE

#VERYRARE

Well, my next sly comment was going to be, "Check the name on the front plate, if it says BOSS, there's your problem."

But seeing as to how you made my laugh, I'll be more serious. You might want to check the board a little closer, sometimes if the soldering is poorly done or other small things like that it can cause a problem. I'm less of an amp guy, more of the woofer half of audio. But that would be the first thing I'd check. It might not be an obvious burn mark. Could be something shorting internally you can't quite see or so?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Maybe it's just the resolution but what i circled looks a little crispy

20131117_0055571_zpse52bb384.jpg

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Archived