Sundown Audio

X-10 Box design, what do you think?

I knew this thing would be moving good even at the power i'm going to be running thus the decision to go with 1"

I am not sure about the port area myself. It might be ok, maybe email sundown and ask what they recomend for port area. Seeing that the port is so big it has to be super long to get the tuning you want. Here is kind of what you may be looking at when you build your box. This kind of thing happens when you run a small sub with low tuning and lots of port. Keep in mind this isn't the only way to do the port but it is just to show you kind of what you are getting into

I was probably going to go with a c shaped port (L with another leg) your design is intriguing as i could lose some depth on the box, cause i pushing the limits of what i have in the cab of my truck.

I used some port area calculator and it told me i should be using around 38" of port but i didn't want to excede the max 18"/ft area rule of thumb by that much.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Of course you can 45° the corners or kerf them. get all fancy and stuff and flare the port. Id this is going in a truck you might actually consider porting to the side, i am not all that familiar with box design for pickups, but others on here are. So as far as sub and port orientation you might ask. Who knows, maybe you could just use some PVC or an aero port and have some of the port external.

Yup that was my plan, something like that ^^^

Edit - the post above your last

Edited by Markous

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

This what i have going on now and it sounds pretty good, just wanna get a little lower/louder.

000_0002_zpsb23cf962.jpg

i've heard a lot of people have good luck with trucks ported to the driver side.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

i am almost done with my X-10 d2 build. I went with a 23.5L x 13.5T x 13D box out of MDF for my megacab upward firing (port and woofer). I used a 3" aero port 9.75 --33 htz(wanted a 4" but not enough room with amp racks and batteries to make the box bigger). total gross size 1.83 net with sub, port, bracing 1.43. I hope the port will not be too small and that it will sounds good. Pics to foollow.

Edited by MidTexRam

52" of port is what I calculate as minimum. You can get away with a little less in a vehicle to escape port noise but you are quite a bit under. The guy above with a single 3" aero is likely going to experience port noise.

I without go with a port like the ones above with many turns because that turns into an inefficient enclosure with that many 180° turns. I'm not sure which port calculator told you 38", but it's not what I got.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i am almost done with my X-10 d2 build. I went with a 23.5L x 13.5T x 13D box out of MDF for my megacab upward firing (port and woofer). I used a 3" aero port 9.75 --33 htz(wanted a 4" but not enough room with amp racks and batteries to make the box bigger). total gross size 1.83 net with sub, port, bracing 1.43. I hope the port will not be too small and that it will sounds good. Pics to foollow.

That's not nearly enough port. You may have noise.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I thought i was cutting it very short with a 3" port that short. We will see tonight when i test the box. If i get port noise i will have to change the rest of my build plans, make the box longer and slot port it. I guess my biggest question is how wide a vent will be too wide? is the goal to get the largest area that hits the desired hz level and will fit in the box?