Fj Cruiser Upgrades...alot To See In Here

It sounds kinda flat right now, I haven't touched any of the amps settings, and since i disconnected the battery all my EQ settings are flat as well. But, the sundown untouched sounds way better than the kenwood. I can't tell any distortion at max volume on the deck. Like i sais though the sundown has the gains all the way down, but it is certainly loud. The new JL comps sound great, and remember i already have the 3-way set up front so I knew what I had basically. The sound deadener on the rear panels was worth the effort, there is no more buzzing from the back , the rattles are gone and the truck is definitely quieter now with that work and the luxury liner being put in the floor. I am quite happy with the results so far, and with a little tuning it should be even better....:)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Man, this may sound bad but im such a newb I had to go Google "big 3" to figure out what you were talking about having to do. I had no clue. But now thanks to "the12volt.com"s "install bay" on there "Mobile Electronics Forums" I am now "informed".. :)

By the way..Nice job, I would have been worried about cutting my panels for those speakers but you did a really nice job...Keep it up!

23002.jpg

update: I got out there and set the gains ( naked ear ) without the multimeter - gotta get one, Didn't think of it when I went to take the dremel back and get my new replacement. I also had to go into my deck and set up the speaker distances, the EQ settings and reset all of my other little adjustments on the deck like the presets and screen displays. Well Long story short - It sounds Clean as hell, Nothing is rattling anymore, and I am VERY VERY happy with my JL component sets. That Sundown Amp is absolutely amazing, I can certainly tell that it has woken up the front 3- way set that I had in there already, and the rear set sounds just as clean - And that Amp gets those comps to scream, Everything sounds sharp , and full. I did however pick up a very faint , almost hard to hear buzzing, and at any volume over #7 you can't hear it anymore. I checked, and it isn't any noise being picked up by the crossover boxes, and I checked over all my RCAs and they look alright. It has got to be either a ground noise or the RCAs are picking up some noise running down the tranny hump... I don't know and it is really unnoticable unless the volume is down very very low, so screw it for now, I will wait and see if installing my big 3 does anything to help it go away before I start really troubleshooting. But Damn, I love the improvements That I made, And Would do it all over again - Those XR comps sound that good. And sundown makes one hell of a amp. I can't wait to swap out that alpine subwoofer amp for a sundown later on....

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

good work on that deadner and that sundown amp is sexy!

Yeah I want another one now :huh:

My Kulicki Box Build

Got the door panels done today, Ran out of damplifier pro , so the top six inches or so of each one didn't get the treatment, But I had plenty of Luxury liner, and Man are these panels heavy now.... After a test drive on the interstate I am content. I cannot hear a semi when He rides by me anymore - Well Okay maybe a little bit, but I can't deaden the glass in the doors. Trust me though when I tell you this is where the bulk of the noise comes into a vehicle. The hollow cavities in the cars body resonate the sound of the road more than anything. I already had one layer of deadener on the outer and inner skins when I started today..... My truck Is quiet, and I love it...

this is the little painted trim panel on the door panel, both were done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I ended up taking this little foam block off cause the panel wouldn't fit back to the door with it on there...

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is how both doors look with out my door panels, ineer and outer skins covered up completely

Posted Image

My Kulicki Box Build

And the finished result. Also threw in a pic of my tweeters mounted up there on the dash, with the 4" in the factory spot.

This is how my component woofers are mounted in each door...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Kulicki Box Build

Archived