hershy314 Posted November 18, 2013 Report Posted November 18, 2013 Trying to decide if I made the right choice here. Back in 2000 I was involved in an accident and didn't have insurance on the vehicle. I mean I thought I was insured, but guess I was wrong. Tip for ya'll out there, if ya share a vehicle with someone make sure you pay your part of the insurance to avoid any problems. Anyway my license was suspended due to the fact I had no insurance. In 2008 I was able to get my license back as long as I made payments towards the judgment against me. I was making payments until I got laid off from work and haven't been making enough since then to set aside the payments needed. I just applied to get a hardship license so that way I can look for work, go to the store and other things. Problem is my mom thinks that cause I live in a small ass town (less than 5,000 people) that the Licence Place wont pay that much attention to things like that, I think she is crazy. I did talk to a lawyer about getting my license before I applied for the hardship license. He said that as far the judgment goes, that has a 10 year stature of limitations. Even with that, the DMV can still say my license is suspended. Maybe I should of gone to the License place here in town first, I don't know. Getting there isn't something I can do easily. Only got 1 person in a house of 4 who can legally drive right now. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
finkster Posted November 19, 2013 Report Posted November 19, 2013 I would be making all of the phone calls I could. We have no idea how your town works. Just keep calling and asking until you find your answer. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
truthsayer Posted November 19, 2013 Report Posted November 19, 2013 A town with only 5,000 people can't be that big. I suggest strapping on your big boy pants and get to walking. If you want it bad enough quit complaining and just go do it. truthsayer
hershy314 Posted November 22, 2013 Author Report Posted November 22, 2013 A town with only 5,000 people can't be that big. I suggest strapping on your big boy pants and get to walking. If you want it bad enough quit complaining and just go do it. I wasn't complaining....I asked a simple question. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Wood Posted November 22, 2013 Report Posted November 22, 2013 A town with only 5,000 people can't be that big. I suggest strapping on your big boy pants and get to walking. If you want it bad enough quit complaining and just go do it. I wasn't complaining....I asked a simple question. Don't mind him, He always tryna play tuff guy like he has a point to prove but doesn't realize that tuff guy shit makes him look weak.... But anyways, Just call around because each city is different, and from experience with small towns, they're the most strictist 2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS ELECTRICAL: -Singer 230a -Northstar gr34 -(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz -100% Welding Cable FRONT STAGE:-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165 -Hertz HSK130 -Ampere Audio 125.4 SUB STAGE: -(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's -Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2 MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED): -Interior & Exterior Lights LED -Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED) -15% Front, 5% Rear Tint -Roof Spoiler -20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear) -Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!! -Aftermarket Fog Lights -Custom Painted Engine Covers My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109 Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346
hershy314 Posted November 23, 2013 Author Report Posted November 23, 2013 Well there is good news / bad news on this topic. Bad news I was denied a hardship license. Reason being cause of why I lost my license over 10 years ago. Failure to show financial something....I forget what they said exactly. This was because the car I wreaked didn't have insurance, and of course I did not know that because I had given the money to my mom to turn in. After all I was on her insurance at the time. Now I know I should of just turned it in myself and maybe I wouldn't of lost my license, but then again it may of made no difference.....I may never know. Here is the good news, if you want to call it that. I can work out a payment plan to pay off the damage to the other car which I believe is a tad over $7k. Course this requires hiring a lawyer, so who knows what that will cost. Not sure what I'm going to right now. Would be nice to have a license living 5 miles outside of town, but when I get back to St Louis getting around with out a ride is much easier. Public transit, plus a few people I know would be willing to give a ride for gas money or a drink or two. Don't want to say because of someone else's mistake I got punished, cause I'm sure if I just turned in my portion of the insurance I may have some coverage. But then again I don't know. Sucks there is no stature of limitations (sorry if misspelled ) on this type of thing. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
WastedTalent Posted November 24, 2013 Report Posted November 24, 2013 Hersh, sorry to hear bout all this. But, as you know... life is a bitch. And then, it acts strangely. You do exactly what you should and you'll get bent over harder than you can possibly imagine. You do things wrong and you'll get rewarded. Or vice versa. My advice, try to pay your portion depending on income and job and all. If you're living paycheck to paycheck, can barely make ends meet, eff it. But if you got spare money (not hundreds obviously but some), well, wouldn't it be nice to one day have a license? Imagine that, driving again... legally. You don't want to always count on people or public transport. Shit can end... friendships can end, government can shut down and end public transport, etc. Hate to say it but you gotta look out for you. Put yourself first. Buuuuuut, that's just my take. Sheena = pedobear
truthsayer Posted November 24, 2013 Report Posted November 24, 2013 A town with only 5,000 people can't be that big. I suggest strapping on your big boy pants and get to walking. If you want it bad enough quit complaining and just go do it. I wasn't complaining....I asked a simple question. Don't mind him, He always tryna play tuff guy like he has a point to prove but doesn't realize that tuff guy shit makes him look weak.... But anyways, Just call around because each city is different, and from experience with small towns, they're the most strictist Well sorry if my honesty hurt your feelings, but i said the same thing to my son when he lost his license. ( how ever he only lost his for a year) But in your original post i did not see a question any where. Sounded like a statement to me. And if datruhoolywood thinks i was trying to be tough, maybe thats because momy and dady didn't give him enough tough love. Sad day when being honest to someone comes off ass being mean. On another note i do hope ypu get back your license, but in the mean time you gotta do what you gotta do to get by. Hell if you have to get a moped to get by, do that. Dont think in st. MO. you need a license for that. truthsayer
hershy314 Posted November 24, 2013 Author Report Posted November 24, 2013 There was a question, if ya read it carefully enough. I asked if I made the right decision to apply for a hardship license, even though my mom thought I could of gotten my license back with out going that route. Wonder what ya son did to lose his for only a year. I lost mine 13 years ago, about 2 months after having open heart surgery. I know I can get it back, just going to take time and a lot of money. I've only got one of those things....and it's not money lol. I have thought about getting a moped, I know if it's under 50cc I don't need a license,insurance or anything like that. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Miguels Posted November 24, 2013 Report Posted November 24, 2013 why after 13 years you didnt get a loan to pay for the damages? this could have been avoided with a loan.. plus if it was 13 years ago why has it taken so long to pay it off? people always think paying the minimum is better when in fact its not.. look at what youre going through.. when i owe someone or something i make it my priority and pay it off really fast.. that means no fun or buying stuff i dont need till things are done paid for.. make that youre priority not car audio or going out to movies.. i lost my license once because a taxi driver hit my truck when i was sleeping.. i got a letter from DMV about if the accident was over $700 i had to report it and show proof of insurance.. damages was at $293 dollars and even though i showed them the accident wasnt over $700 i still got bent by the DMV my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.