Go-N-Def Posted November 18, 2013 Report Posted November 18, 2013 Can someone explain why we enter a certain number but, the physical (actual) port lengths are different on torrez. Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL
Markous Posted November 18, 2013 Report Posted November 18, 2013 Any change in direction causes more resistance to airflow. In my trade we refer to it as total equivilent length when dealing with fittings for pipe for calculating friction losses. '07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said: of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger. only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers
bkolfo4 Posted November 19, 2013 Report Posted November 19, 2013 Because you have what is referred to as "end correction factor". Different port configurations (slot port with 1 or more common walls, flared ports, etc.) respond like they are a different length than their actual physical length. Current system: 1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s Previous systems: 2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz. 1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.
Go-N-Def Posted November 19, 2013 Author Report Posted November 19, 2013 Ok, I just made a box this weekend and realized I made the port from port length, it doesn't sound good so when I went to review my measurements I noticed I didn't use physical length. Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL
Joe X Posted November 19, 2013 Report Posted November 19, 2013 The number you enter as port length is the number you use to do the box, the end correction is none of your business, the program uses it under the hood to calculate tuning.
Go-N-Def Posted November 19, 2013 Author Report Posted November 19, 2013 Physical port to the right side is incorrect for tuning. the number I entered as port length is what I should make the box with. Is this right? Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL
Joe X Posted November 19, 2013 Report Posted November 19, 2013 Say I entered 31" in Torres for port length then I measure the center line end to end of the port to be 31" SO in the diagram below 10 3/4" + 20 1/4" = 31" that's it, you don't have to care about anything else.
Go-N-Def Posted November 20, 2013 Author Report Posted November 20, 2013 joe x, i was talikng about how port lenght is 20'' but physical is 15'' this is what messing me up. but you say dont worry about the 15''. Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL
Joe X Posted November 20, 2013 Report Posted November 20, 2013 Torres calls physical port length the distance you see in red: Physical port length = L1 + L2 + 3/4" Torres never documented to my knowledge what it was but he has explained in various threads, it's meant to be some help but you can basically ignore it, you need to know ho to interpret it in case of a double baffle, no need for it, simplest way is like in my last post IMO.
Go-N-Def Posted November 20, 2013 Author Report Posted November 20, 2013 Got it Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.