05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER

Great build my dude but if u don't mine what was the material you use on the a pillars

Thanks bro!

I used some perforated "faux leather" vinyl off of eBay. (Cloth backed)

Unless you're using on a flat panel or surface I wouldnt recommend it... It was a total PITA to do those pilars and even tho it turned out ok, I would go with a stretchier fabric if I were to do it over again.

Speakers going in?

I was going to redo and upgrade the entire mids/highs system (I still might in the future) but due to time and funds I'm basically rolling with what I had for the front.

Xxx comps.. Midbass in kicks, tweeter in sail

PRVs in the doors.

Re ctx1000.4 for amp

but if/when I do upgrade I'll be going active with 4 channel(s) and more than likely crescendo pwx. (2 8" and 4 6.5")

*the only reason I wouldnt stay PRV, and it's quite simple, the speaker terminals on them.. I HATE THEM!! Sound wise I couldn't be happier, but the terminals suck and connection isn't 100% secure. I've had to pull a couple out numerous times bc the connection wiggled loose.*

I see... I thought the kick panels where being made bigger to house an 8" in there now. My bad thinking you where changing it all up now. I was hoping you where though. LOL

That sucks about the speaker connections on the PVR's. That would drive me nuts.... Solder the bitches! lol

Keep up the great work.

Got everything hooked up and am happy to say it's playing!!!! :) :) :)

Still no alt or secondary batts, but I have the bass gain all the way down and since I have control of rca voltage via LC-1, I figured what the hell. And first impression holy shit.. I'm gonna love it! A whole lot of tuning in my immediate future, but at least it's on and everything powered up correctly.

On that note, some pics of the kick pods now that they're installed and playing again. Sorry my car is a mess and I said screw putting all my interior/dash panels back on tonight.

Drivers side

8259D2A8-A2E9-4960-BBDF-1C5B30353A46.jpg

50A6B284-FFBA-4E26-9C01-EE1C64E9FC2A.jpg

Pass side

E43CDE74-F2F7-4E7E-B703-778FE6275FBB.jpg

Archived