05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER

That's cool. I like it.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Speak of the devil... I got mail :)

1C4D8314-0A9F-4255-9D8C-C96DF85A8FA5.jpg

98A0F048-37EA-4F2A-86E3-0E7E87060C36.jpg

Will still have to wait until my single din mount kit comes, but maybe I'll get the harnesses ready while in the meantime.

I also started stripping and sanding my dash trim panels. Going thru the progression 60,80,100,150,220 then found some "filler primer" that i sprayed down, more sanding (220,400) then the "sand able primer", more sanding (220,400,600), gloss coat, and you guessed it more sanding...'really noticing the difference from the extra sanding/priming steps from my first time around in which I only sanded with 220, 400. And didn't use the "filler". Stuff works pretty good too btw.

Will be doing the same for my center console, as i think I found my solution to giving it that uniform texture and look.

On a side note- I don't know if everyone knows this, but an fun n easy way to get rid of the packing peanuts (the foam looking pieces stuffed in packages) is to dump them into the sink with water, rather than garbage. They're made of starch and so they dissolve and smell like Cheetos haha :)

I retained at least one thing from 8th grade science class

Right on man! good day for you i see. Ordered a RF amp today for Ranger build. Funny how these small builds grow. Going to put in my Kenetic HC600 to help electrical and many because i have it and can. Small build but between us we have a grand into it. Should be a fun little build and my brothers getting excited. I will make a build log of it.

After first round of major sanding/shaping

B8032C6F-5FE9-4E8A-9B9E-519180EC88BC.jpg

Added what I hope to be the final layer of the glass filler. For a little more shape on the top. Then final shaping. Still have an absolute shit ton of sanding to do. Pretty sure there was an easier method to fabricate this, but oh well, I love to sand lol.

AD76F449-5E14-4BF5-91EF-8E65089D78D8.jpg

Archived