05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER

Was it hard doing the headliner? Where'd you get the fabric from?

Headliner wasn't really all that bad to be honest. (Other than my dumbass only buying 1 can of adhesive at first lol) the hardest part is keeping glue and shit off the nice side.. Other than that, if you take your time and wash your hands a shit ton, it's not bad at all. Oh and buy 3-4 cans of adhesive. Lol.

I did find that the Loctite "200" adhesive worked better than the 3M 90.. Easier to apply, better coverage, and tacked up quicker.

The reason most poeple use the 3m 90 is it will hold upside down better than than the easier to apply and work stuff. Never used the loctite 200 if in a year it is still holding then it is good stuff and easier to apply is always a plus
I used the Loctite 300 on the inserts and I must say it was easier to work with than the 3M.. Similar consistencies but the Loctite seemed to get much better coverage with each pass and easier to work with. (3M came out like globs of boogers or something lol) Idk how they stack up in long term hold. (Seemed about the same for initial hold/strength) But for my first impression. I must give the edge to the Loctite over 3M. Was cheaper too. $7.50 vs $9.75 per can. Every penny counts :)

And normally I usually side and go with 3M for everything, since they're a Minnesota company, and founder is from Duluth lol

Just wanted to share with those who follow my build and fellow beer drinkers and lovers. Has nothing to do with my car but still kinda cool. I bartend and brew at a new brewery here in Duluth mn (opened in 2012). And one of our beers won the Silver medal in its category at the World Craft Beer Cup in Colorado. There were over 2000 breweries and 6000 beers from all over the world.

And so we've had a couple newspapers and magazines taking pics all week at work.

2FC6BCCB-A844-416F-A61E-D3ABA85C4722.jpg

09530343-59A7-423A-A31A-EE518AA2BB89.jpg

90E51AF4-C3F0-4908-B968-30F617F36FC1.jpg

Your making me thirsty. LOL

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Cool... Just love the RE's

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived