05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER

Nice subs man, I like the looks and they should take that amp you got nicely. Gonna be a Boo flexing like hell. Better get a couple boxes of sound deadener.

Thanks, wasn't planning on it at all, saw it on fbook and pulled the trigger haha. They should get down pretty well, gonna test my box building skills for sure, this will be my first box for this size power and level of difficulty. So we'll see, should be fun :)

Deadener and foam are next on the list, I have to do my roof, floor, rear doors and get my front doors a little better. Still undecided on more fat mat or try something different like murdermat, second skin, or ???

I do have another XS3400 coming but a mechman 270A Alt is also in my near future as well.

I'm gonna run it on just the 2 batteries at first tho, see how that goes.

But more updates as my equipment gathering continues :)

get the alt now, thats a shit ton of power and you dont want to deprive the amp of what is going to need. Make a box building thread and see if Joe X will give ya a design, hes a hell of a guy. Need to decide if you want the box removable or build inside the trunk.

I know you have a plan but heres what i would do in shis order:

1) get HO Alt, battery & all wiring and battery terminals needed.

2) get all sound deadener you need and put that in first so you can run your power on top of that if your going thru the car. If under neath than thats cool.

3) prep for enclosure build once you have a design and wirirng.

I wish i had Sound deaden everything first, good thing is i only have to remove 2 amps to pull the carpet out to finish the floor. And since i am painting most of the interior pieces and have to remove the rest to get to the roof interior will be striped.

IN any case happy for your upgrades and will follow your progress closely.

Thanks guys, and that is good advice on the electrical, I planned on getting everything else before I started the build, but after the advice on here and a little more research I would have to agree and Im gonna get electrical up to par before I get fully into the build.

My amplifier also thanks you lol! :)

As far as enclosure goes, I want to port my rear deck with 6" aero ports (in factory 6x9 holes), still unsure how I'm gonna go about that whether i build inside the trunk or just make the box outside and build it into the trunk with beauty panels and such.

I was thinking of getting a box designer, someone who can optimize the design specificly for my application. But didn't know where to start or who to go to.

Who is Joe X? SMD member?

Yes, Joe X is a SMD member and he is very helpful on box designs. He has designed mine and countless others. Just give detailed info in sub enclosure section and he will chime in.

decided to pull an all nighter and get some work done on the malibu. Decided I would start under the hood and prepare for electrical.

Did a BIG Big 3 upgrade lol.

2 runs of SHCA 1/0 from alt, and each of the grounds. (Didn't get the engine ground installed for pic, too cold in garage said F this lol)

And I will do 2 or maybe 3 runs front to back.

D5F5A335-F2CF-495A-B2C1-849D741CBC85.jpg

834594FD-C0CB-455D-8EEE-6F75D90C3B06.jpg

FB172D9C-7859-4415-AC7D-08732FDF9930.jpg

Archived