05Malibu Final Build - DC - PRV - SHCA - XS - SINGER

Well in the midst of de-deadening and leak searching, I managed to get my underhood tech-flex'd.

Still no real head way on the leak in "operation trunk seal" lol.

Here's some pics of the tech flex... Power is carbon, ground is black. I thought the carbon would be more grey/silver but owell not the end of the world.

30CB2046-219B-471E-A701-01F69EBDA589.jpg

C2446DD6-E05D-4F27-9819-57D47A9DDBA0.jpg

D65C510A-8767-4269-A557-25468104635F.jpg

Very nice updates. Looks like you have been busy. You wont be disappointed in those subs, looks like they took good care of ya. Any kind of ratings on the amp? did i miss anything about a box build or design for those subs? hmmm.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

Very nice updates. Looks like you have been busy. You wont be disappointed in those subs, looks like they took good care of ya. Any kind of ratings on the amp? did i miss anything about a box build or design for those subs? hmmm.

Thanks.. Haven't missed much, just a bunch of my misfortune lol. No box design yet, that was going to be this weekends plan, but the leak and pool in my tire well had other plans haha :(

As for the amp, I have some specs but they are iffy... Amp does 3800@1ohm tested on 100Hz.... Koreans test amps at 100hz... Why?! Who the F knows, they're korean, they do what they want (I know first hand, I live with one) lol. So anything at 40hz is just a guesstimate. I'm gonna clamp it once I have it in to get a better idea tho.

Before running the wires underneath my car, I wanted to do a little prepping and winterizing... Sprayed some rust reformer paintable prep then some "professional" rubberized undercoating. (I did this after throughly cleaning and wiping the undercarriage).

I mainly wanted to get the wire route, but ended up doing the whole driver side and rear tire well.

6F7D844E-3357-497D-8EE1-EB077C7B91E9.jpg

7D66D260-6A49-4DE4-91A0-F4E2D9721CC4.jpg

Surprisingly the underbody/frame was barely rusted prior to doing all this. (I do have some nasty fender and side skirt rust to tend to this summer tho)

awwwwww shit brings back memories of endles nights undernet the car.. only plus side is you only have to worry about one alt which gives you more room to work with. looking good keep up the good work

Haha yea it hasn't been too much fun under there for me... Between the shitty garage foundation and -10+ degree weather outside.. Not much fun, and it's alot more time consuming with these conditions.. But oh well, just glad to finally be making progress!

I have a question that maybe you could chime in on (or anyone else plz).. I'm doing 2 runs of + front to back, and my question is should I also do 2 runs of (neg) too?

I had planned on doing it, but now I've been thinking is it really necessary or even could it hurt the "circuit"??

yea never mind it sucks to work in the cooled, it barely goes under 40 degrees here in cali and im already bitching.. i think two runs of negative would be overkill, i did two positives, one black all the way to back then added another grounded from alt to the frame to the body, (this is per alt), then in the back i grounded a wire from frame to bus bars, just dont forget to sand you grounds and paint over them or what ever, just so it wont rust . some people think different to each there own..

It would be impossible to "hurt" the circuit by adding negative runs...or positive runs for that matter. Unless of course you were to somehow corrode or degrade the existing connections by adding the new ones, but I think thats kinda obvious lol.

Otherwise, the worse case scenario with added runs would be that you made the connections so poorly that you get no actual conductivity change at all.

Team NorthWestSPL

There have been studies on here about running Neg wiring and the gains are so small that most consider not worth the $ and time to do it. Good frame grounds work, just keep them protected from rusting.

Work looks good man... keep it up!

Archived