Jump to content

Ct 2500.1 on XFL 12's in a BHE double kerf center ported box. BIG improvement.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I still have a ton of cleaning to do... And a few minor things to address. But here we go. Progress for turkey drag. Shooting for a 48 out of the trunk.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qh1Zz1Tr4OA

This will all be in my build log eventually when I get a chance.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

Oh nice! I'm working on my build right now with 2 XFL 12s also. I think I hear the box is 4 cubes tuned to 32hz? How much port area do you have there? The box i'm building is 4.5 cubes tuned to 32 also but my port is 5 inches wide and yours seems a bit smaller.

Nothing for now...

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

I'd grab Adam's ass and look him in the eyes for a demo of nates truck.

Posted

You got one sir. It might surprise you. Anywhere between 34-26hz is pretty mean in it. I've also tested the limits.... It doesn't like playing the 20hz on lights down low, and the super super low note on takin chances (I believe its lower then 23hz but whatever) is about the lowest I can play full tilt. I set my subsonic filter earlier so it will be a little easier on the XFL's below 25hz. And I set my high pass filter at 63 because my voltage still isn't good enough for high notes. I don't like seeing 12's on my volt meter :D

But this is tuned less then -5db with my dd1. (Set with -5 and then lowered my sub level by a click and lowered my LPF from 80 to 63.

270xp, d3100 and d2400 are in the future. Along with a OFC big 3. I also have some sick plans for my front stage that I won't reveal yet. But let's just say this spring, me and hunter Johnson are doing a lot of business together. :)

So that's all for now. Gonna get this thing turkey drag ready and hope I get some good feed back. Personally I love the way it's shaping up.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

Oh nice! I'm working on my build right now with 2 XFL 12s also. I think I hear the box is 4 cubes tuned to 32hz? How much port area do you have there? The box i'm building is 4.5 cubes tuned to 32 also but my port is 5 inches wide and yours seems a bit smaller.

Mine is a BHE box. He works magic. I have no idea how he does it. Could be the magic SPL dust. But from his words it's 4 cubes after all displacements, tuned to 32.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

Hope to see it get the 48 at TD.

I hope so too. Last night it sure sounded like a 49. But after not having bass for a couple weeks I think I was a little not used to bass anymore. Today I still think its a solid 47. Hoping to do a 148.0!!!

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

Nice. Pete once told me that these subs have a lot of potential.

I'm sure after some tweeking. 150 is very doable..

X

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 782 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...