truthsayer Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 If you run that amp at 2 or 4ohm you should be ok. But not at 1 ohm. truthsayer
afrakes Posted November 23, 2013 Author Report Posted November 23, 2013 My sub is D4 so I'm running at 2 ohms. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
jhmeg2 Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 I give my DD sw6.5 about 600 clean and I think I am about the limit of what I wanna feed it. yeah I think your a little over what is a good idea ////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic
jhmeg2 Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 I give my DD sw6.5 about 600 clean and I think I am about the limit of what I wanna feed it. yeah I think your a little over what is a good idea ////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic
johnarias15 Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 I had the 508's and fed them 500 Clean watts at 1 Ohm and I believe that was their absolute max. 2010 GMC Sierra SLE Texas Edition Sky High 2/0 OFC Wiring 2 Digital Designs 1508's Supercharged Digital Designs Door Speakers Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate Prime 300x4 Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 SMD VM-1 XS Power D3400
afrakes Posted November 23, 2013 Author Report Posted November 23, 2013 Nice sub That's a big box for that series, DD recommends 2.5 for the 3512 The 1200watt peak DD mentions in the specs is for burps not for music You have had some good help above The 500 series was designed to be optimal at 100-300 watts You might be better off with even less wattage than your currently running Have you looked into getting louder without adding more wattage? I mean trying different box placing (port firing back, up, forward) Yeah I am familiar with the rms rating, just wasn't sure if I woul rip that sub up with that kinda power. Not too concerne about screwing with the box at all. I like the way it sounds, it's just not very loud. But the dd reccommended box size for the 500 series 12 is also 2.5 cubes according to their website if I'm not mistaken. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
TeamHT Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 I wouldn't feel more than 600 is safe on that enclosure if you're new. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
afrakes Posted November 23, 2013 Author Report Posted November 23, 2013 I wouldn't feel more than 600 is safe on that enclosure if you're new. I'm not new. I just don't want to spend $100 plus on box materials and spend a day or two making a smaller box to try to squeeze an extra 100-200 watts out of the woofer. I didn't think it could handle the power, I just wante to ask rather than kicking myself for not taking a steal of a deal. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
n8ball2013 Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 that large box and your power handling mean youre probably getting all you can out of htat woofer. Its their entry line woofer. While not bad its not gonna perform any miracles. I personally dont really care for any line under the 1500 series. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
TeamHT Posted November 23, 2013 Report Posted November 23, 2013 I don't know why you're offended, lol. If you looked at the specs, but didn't know if it would take 1,200 watts it's ok. Plus for a box for that sub I'd say $50 for materials tops. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.