Sundown Audio

Problem with T2500 output

Afficionado

Maybe your dd1 is fragged. Do you have another you can try? One close?

I have had one mess my entire weekend up installing 2 B2 m1 amps in my buddy's eclipse.

Seeing the signal was here and there and distortion was a good 40% off.

It was his unit. I got mine back on the Sunday (from another friend)

Come to fine out, mine got us set up correct. His was fubar.

Made a video, sent it to tony, with in seconds, he gave me the go ahead to send it in for a replacment.

Checking the VOLTAGE with a decent meter at your rca's that's what finally made me "look at the tool".

No way what I was seeing was what the DD1 was ... Correctly

Do you have another source from which you can test? You can get an 8mm to RCA adaptor and try using a mp3 player or computer to see if the issue is with the HU. Did you pinch the RCAs while changing the sub to 1 ohm? I want to say it may be an issue with the gain setting either before or after. I don't have any experience with the DD1. It would be convenient if you knew someone with an o-scope or another DD1 to double check if they detect clipping at the same points. Have you wired it back to 4 ohms and still have the same output as before?

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

how old are the batteries on the DD1? if its the same hu then it should always distort at the same level on any car

Batteries were bought new this summer from an authorized dealer. The DD-1 was bought used and i'm unsure of it's age.

I have had one mess my entire weekend up installing 2 B2 m1 amps in my buddy's eclipse.

Made a video, sent it to tony, with in seconds, he gave me the go ahead to send it in for a replacment.

Checking the VOLTAGE with a decent meter at your rca's that's what finally made me "look at the tool".

I am in central maine, so another dd-1 nearby is a negative.

I do have a friend with a nice oscilloscope that we are going to use pretty soon.

I think my friend with the oscope also has a decent meter that i can test my RCA'S with, thanks for the help.

Do you have another source from which you can test? You can get an 8mm to RCA adaptor and try using a mp3 player or computer to see if the issue is with the HU. Did you pinch the RCAs while changing the sub to 1 ohm? I want to say it may be an issue with the gain setting either before or after. I don't have any experience with the DD1. It would be convenient if you knew someone with an o-scope or another DD1 to double check if they detect clipping at the same points. Have you wired it back to 4 ohms and still have the same output as before?

I could potentially test with another source unit to see if the problem is in fact with the radio. My friend i was talking to today said i should reset my gains with the cd, as this time i set them using my tablet.

i haven't wired it back to 4 ohms.

Oh, and don't use the -15 no matter what happens. Never.

why is that?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

I would set your gains with whatever you choose as the main source for your music. If you mainly use your auxiliary input or a cd then use that to set the gain. That may be a source of your issues.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

how old are the batteries on the DD1? if its the same hu then it should always distort at the same level on any car

Batteries were bought new this summer from an authorized dealer. The DD-1 was bought used and i'm unsure of it's age.

I am in central maine, so another dd-1 nearby is a negative.

I do have a friend with a nice oscilloscope that we are going to use pretty soon.

I think my friend with the oscope also has a decent meter that i can test my RCA'S with, thanks for the help.

I could potentially test with another source unit to see if the problem is in fact with the radio. My friend i was talking to today said i should reset my gains with the cd, as this time i set them using my tablet.

i haven't wired it back to 4 ohms.

Oh, and don't use the -15 no matter what happens. Never.

why is that?

it is easier to clip when setting t this level, i think it goes, to where any bass note of higher than -15db will basically be clipping, because you set it clean at that -15db mark. Even if you have the gains set properly (the system is overall louder) because you actually are clipping everything. To me it sort of is similar to setting gains normal (no clipping) but then adding bass boost afterwards, yea its louder to the ear, but its clipping

the general rule of thumb is, if its not allowed enough, its time to upgrade

that may not be the best way to describe it, but thats how i understood it

also, as stated above, set your gains using the device you will mostly be using to listen to music

i asked how old is the battery in the DD1 not how old is the DD1.. the battery may be too low

I ran into that myself, the battery was low and the dd1 was all over the place, was hard to get a good read, so i left it low and didnt use the system until I got a brand new battery

Archived