Nice amp rack. I say that you should build your own box if you have the tools.

that's actually my plan since it would be cheaper and I have the tools and the skills but I don't really know anything about enclosures so I will need some help with that part... I tried using Torres before but stopped bcus it seemed to be me over my head,maybe I was just looking way too much into it but I haven't tried it again since

Hell yeah! I say if you got the tools go for it! As for the designing and calculating, There are some places that will do that for you and give you blueprints. Ive designed a few but decided on the box I'm currently building to someone who does it for a living do it for me and couldn't be happier! RAM box designs did mine btw and was only about 30bucks for my design. Worth every penny knowing its tuned right and that my subs will work with it :) good luck!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Hell yeah! I say if you got the tools go for it! As for the designing and calculating, There are some places that will do that for you and give you blueprints. Ive designed a few but decided on the box I'm currently building to someone who does it for a living do it for me and couldn't be happier! RAM box designs did mine btw and was only about 30bucks for my design. Worth every penny knowing its tuned right and that my subs will work with it :) good luck!

RAM is one of the ones I'm considering using but I'm going to make a post in enclosure section when I get my measurements. I had them wriitten down before but I think that paper got thrown out. Maybe "Joe" will chime in when I post it,I see he always comments on them and apparently knows what he's talking about.. I know CleanSierra does too though..

cleansierra made a nice design for a hx2 power 12 for me, haven't made the box yet but the specs on it look promising.

really its not to hard to make a box but torres isn't exact on tuning. it can be off a little bit so you do have to check the tuning. a lot of people use a different tuning calc but I cant remember the website for it.

I think if I remember right the t2d412 needs roughly 80" of port for a pair of them. 4 cuft box tuned to around 35 hz with 80" of port should work nicely.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

cleansierra made a nice design for a hx2 power 12 for me, haven't made the box yet but the specs on it look promising.

really its not to hard to make a box but torres isn't exact on tuning. it can be off a little bit so you do have to check the tuning. a lot of people use a different tuning calc but I cant remember the website for it.

I think if I remember right the t2d412 needs roughly 80" of port for a pair of them. 4 cuft box tuned to around 35 hz with 80" of port should work nicely.

Thanks alaskan,well that's a start. I was wanting to build one that's a little bigger than 4 cuft so that maybe it will work for my next sub upgrade which I haven't decided on yet. Thinking of Tantric,C2 audio,CT audio when they release theirs or some DC audio,just not sure yet.

just be carefull with powering them if going in a big box. if you plan on doing 15" next maybe you could build a box and just layer the floor with some 2x4's to take up volume then when you get different subs take the boards out to raise the volume but that would change the tuning to you would need to be able to adjust that.

I would just build a different box, it wont be easy to make a box that will work good for 2 different subs, specially when not being sure of what subs you want to go with next. its hard to say if the new subs you get will like a big box or small box and if that will like lots of port or little port.

I mean those t2 have some xmax and say you get a sub with 18mm xmax, its a small difference but will change the amount of port area they will like. that or if you get a sub with more xmax you will need more port area. would just about have to have a removable/change able port and adjustable net volume in order to be able to have a great box for 2 different subs.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I got ya,I figured it would be hard to build a box for different subs. I could tell a big difference when I put the T2's in this box that was built for T1's.. The T1's performed great in it but you can tell the T2's are being choked so I have to take it easy on some songs.. Iirc this box is about 3.78 cuft unloaded,could be wrong but I know for sure it's under 4 cuft.. I'll be staying with 12" subs on next upgrade,I like the sound of 12's and they're bad enough on this truck as is,this is my daily so I don't want to start putting 15's or 18's in it. lol

Archived