Build pics are great man, loving the rf stuff obviously and the cleaness. Putting the carpet on makes all those trim pieces makes it look classy and not half assy lol! Keep up the updates, they are lookin good!

P.s. I also have an extended cab gmc sonoma, so I like these builds because I've done some different setups in it as well as my sierra :)

What kind of setups did you have?

2 mtx 5500 8's ported @ 40 hz then put 2 kicker L7 8's in the same box ran on a rf t1000.1, then built a box for 3 kicker L7 8's @40-42hz on a zx1500, 2 kicker L7 10's @32-33hz same amp. 1 Boston acoustics SPG555 @32hz off of the kicker amp, then a boston GT2300 I think? Then built another duplicate box and had 2 spg's ran off of a rf t1500.1bdcp. Somehwere in there I upgraded electrical to some kicker 1/0 big 3 and 2 optima yellow tops with a DC Power spx 300 alt. Right now its chilling with a pair of boston g3 10's in a boston prefab box I got for building a box for a buddy.

Mids and highs, Had some boston pro 5.25's in the dash and boston sr65's in the doors off of an RFt400.4.

Of all those set ups I have to say the kicker l7 8's hurt the worst! I Seriously Couldn't breath with those little guys "buzzing" around the 40hz range. I had several people bail durring demo's because they were feeling sick and it made thier chest/heart hurt lol! But the boston spg's moved the most air and sounded the best of those set ups.

These were also some of my first set ups and that truck was a good learning experience, I dont hate kicker but I just dont run them anymore. I feel like Ive moved onto some better stuff :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Update: Ordered some stuff from SHCA and Sonic Electronix on the black friday deals and will be ordering a couple more things on Cyber Monday. Also found out from my SE rep the reason SE doesn't hardly have any RF gear in stock is because RF is in fact revamping the power series line next year and there will NO longer be any RF gear sold online period.. You will have to get your RF gear at authorized RF retail stores,no more online vendors.

I was wondering why there was almost no rf gear on sale for blackfriday, sweet man I wish RF would give out some sneek peeks of what is to come. I am seriously excited to see what they got in store for the power series next year!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Then my package from SHCA arrived the next day,one of the PWX box was all effed up when it arrived2013-03-12184311_zps6ca599be.jpg

Was finishing up the wiring so I could get started with the battery swap in front and add the D1200 in the jump seat location so here's that mess.2013-02-17142512_zpse596075e.jpgSo here I got all the power/ground/VM and remote wires routed where they needed to go for test fitting.I put tape on the battery for safety while all the wires were laying around there..2013-02-23135231_zps8a49d4d9.jpg After test fitting all the wires on the D1200 I realized the short screw it came with wasn't going to be quite long enough. I could've got some longer screws to put in but then I would have to stack some washers for it to be tight so I ended up ordering these for it.2013-02-19220655_zps3a4ce34d.jpg

The D3400 did fit but I wanted to be able to move it over a little bit to have clearance for a fuse holder and wiring so I did some trimming on the battery tray. Cut it,sanded it down to get rust and sharp edges off of it then painted it black.. 2013-03-10095007_zpsa4604ac3.jpg Here it is installed and wired up. I bought a heat wrap from Amazon since I couldn't get a response from another vendor about getting one2013-03-10194158_zpse1bafbb8.jpg This was really the only place to put the 2nd fuse holder w/o the holder being too far from the battery, I used 3M double sided tape to mount it..2013-03-10194231_zps6e77ef89.jpg Also added a 4ga power to the truck's under hood fuse box just for shits and giggles since I had left over 4 ga. That was the 220 amp STINGER alt I bought from PMI 6 years ago that I had Excessive Amperage Alternators rebuild for me,he ended up selling me a 300 amp EA alt(pg.9) for a great price and $80 to rebuild the Stinger alt..2013-03-10194204_zpsfcc45451.jpg2013-03-10194216_zps416e30db.jpg

As always, looks good buddy. Fuse looks good there too.

thanks man. I don't seem to be getting much attention on this build but I'm going to continue posting pics anyways.

Archived