Your out posting me 2 to 1. lol You have twice the build i do in a truck that looks great.Dont sweat it man. I have a good system in a ride that isnt finished but i am ok with that. Hopefully paint, rims & tires by the end of next fall. Keep the post coming, i'm looking at them. Way better than photobuckets layout.

I had ordered some RF T1462's while I was working on this even though I saw reviews stating they won't fit in the dash of S10's. I proved them wrong with very little modifications..2013-03-01195051_zps0e8ea035.jpg They weren't fastened down yet is why the screws are sticking up. 2013-03-01195035_zpsb4c801bf.jpg This was a shot through the front windshield2013-03-01195044_zpsea960e90.jpg The grills were already cracked between age,sun,rattling so they were dried out and all cracked up. The cracks just show more once the speakers were installed. I shaved down a little bit of the bottom of the grills to help with the tweeter that sticks up.2013-03-01195945_zpse5e81753.jpg2013-03-01195937_zpsdb6f67d4.jpg

I had ordered some RF T1462's while I was working on this even though I saw reviews stating they won't fit in the dash of S10's. I proved them wrong with very little modifications..2013-03-01195051_zps0e8ea035.jpg They weren't fastened down yet is why the screws are sticking up. 2013-03-01195035_zpsb4c801bf.jpg This was a shot through the front windshield2013-03-01195044_zpsea960e90.jpg The grills were already cracked between age,sun,rattling so they were dried out and all cracked up. The cracks just show more once the speakers were installed. I shaved down a little bit of the bottom of the grills to help with the tweeter that sticks up.2013-03-01195945_zpse5e81753.jpg2013-03-01195937_zpsdb6f67d4.jpg

I now have new grills in it but holesawed holes for the tweeters to stick up. I have to do some more mods once I get back on the 2nd half of this build

Your out posting me 2 to 1. lol You have twice the build i do in a truck that looks great.Dont sweat it man. I have a good system in a ride that isnt finished but i am ok with that. Hopefully paint, rims & tires by the end of next fall. Keep the post coming, i'm looking at them. Way better than photobuckets layout.

Thanks man but you also have a nice equipment list as well and you're definitely doing some clean work. Your GF can't be too mad after seeing how those sexy kicks came out. Besides like I told you she'll get over it once you start on hers and get hers done and she hears that first bass drop.. lol

Any pics of the new grills in?

Give me a few min,I'll take some pics.. BTW I'm only outposting you because this was finished earlier this year so all I'm doing is going through PB and posting pics

Any pics of the new grills in?

Here you go. Not sure if I like them like this,I'll know for sure once I get started on this again and try to get the tweeters flush with the top..If I don't then I hope I can find more on eBay like I did this time. This is the passenger side.. 20131130_203925_zps337a571f.jpg20131130_204018_zps47a8a823.jpg This is driver side.. 20131130_204003_zps03f88fcc.jpg20131130_203954_zps0c94223e.jpg

Nice man! That looks really clean! I actualy just swapped out the 4x6's and put in some 5.25's by making a faceplate using the grill as a template then surface mounted them to that but I think you did looks awesome! This is the reason I cutomized my dash in my sierra to fit some 5.25's in it because of how much better it sounds with speakers up high using the windshield to reflect the sound. If I remember correctly there was enough room I could have made some 6.5's work in there, Kinda tight with how close it is with the windshield but anyhow great work!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Nice man! That looks really clean! I actualy just swapped out the 4x6's and put in some 5.25's by making a faceplate using the grill as a template then surface mounted them to that but I think you did looks awesome! This is the reason I cutomized my dash in my sierra to fit some 5.25's in it because of how much better it sounds with speakers up high using the windshield to reflect the sound. If I remember correctly there was enough room I could have made some 6.5's work in there, Kinda tight with how close it is with the windshield but anyhow great work!

damn dude you possibly have enough room for 6.5's in your dash? that's crazy.. I would like to put some 5.25's in but the 4x6's sound great IMO and the ac ducts run right under them especially on the driver side. Your build is sexy for sure,I'm very impressed. You're right the windshield is great for sound reflection

Archived