Sundown Audio

who to contact for sundown cones

im going to have to cut the cone slightly to get it to fit the 3.5 " coil do you think that will eliminate the issue u mentioned above?>

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I think youbare going to spend alot of time and money on this for it to fail. Buy the loudspeaker cook book and read it. Understand it. If these are the questions youbare asking its not going to end well if you do get it together

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ive read speaker building 101 ill have to get the loudspeaker cook book

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

do you think the issue with the sundown cone would change if i went with a 15 or 18" basket perhaps there would be more clearence between the cone and spider might also be able to use the spider spacer

I cant say, I have not used them on other sized baskets. only 12s.

The 6spoke 18 baskets they are made for currently until their new 18inch basket is done up for what they need, but that also does not included a spaced spider.

Cutting the cone out for a slightly larger diameter coil may give you enough room, but maybe not..

Your going to be taking a gamble with it, especially since Sundown tooled their own baskets for the cones to work together as 1, not some off the shelf frame that is massively used.

the whole reason i wana use the sundown cone is to retian the high xmax of the jlw7 thats why id like to go with the ti basket if theres other cones out there that can still achieve this while allowing me to use the spider spacer i rather do that. my goal is to stay as linear as possible while retaining high xmax. as well as low fs. id really like to go with a 10 as i feel a smaller cone would be easier to keep linear could be wrong though.

Edited by MACnonsence6

We have had people use our 12" and 15" cones on Ti frames -- I am not sure if any rigging had to be done... but they did it.

The 18" cone is designed to sit ~15mm above the top landing on the 6-spoke to fit our spaced up 10" spider.

The 10" cone will ONLY work on our frame, period.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg