03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Man everyone is getting so much work done, I got caught slacking on checking everyones logs and you just put it altogether DAMN! Looks good I tried to watch the video but it would not play for me at work I subscribed to your channel so I will try later at home. Looks great man I love the distro blocks on each battery allows for great wire hook ups!

Weekend update! Sorry no pics. I adjusted my VM of my DMM cause it was off by .3 volts. Ran wire to HC600 but it is all temp. Ordering SkyHigh wire this week and wire ends to redo alt to batt runs. Wire i have now is a cheap 0 gauge and might be part of the problem.

Kinda a few problems this weekend. I found i had a sub that didnt seat to the box properly and was leaking...Yikes. So i fixed that. Subs hit hard enough to rattle the shit out of T400-4 and T1500 mount on the back ot the box and i know that cant be good. Removed amps and unplugged T1500 soo car is subless. It was a horrible rattle i could here from driver seat. So now i have to make a amp rack or reconfigure all wiring to mount then to trunk floor. Kinda bumbed but oh well. I guess that what happens when you upgrade subs.

More work next weekend.

The next Sunday my wife doesn't work I should be making a trip to anchorage but it wouldn't be until I get of work (5pm).

hopefully by then you have them subs going again and I can get a demo

oh and I've got more work done on my doors. Figured out placement and got the mounting baffle for my 6.5 and tweet done and placed for the passenger door. Next is the driver door and hopefully I'll have the mounting ring for the p3 shallow 8s I'm going to put on my doors cut and placed in the next week or 2. Hoping to be ready to glass by the end of next montg

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Weekend update! Sorry no pics. I adjusted my VM of my DMM cause it was off by .3 volts. Ran wire to HC600 but it is all temp. Ordering SkyHigh wire this week and wire ends to redo alt to batt runs. Wire i have now is a cheap 0 gauge and might be part of the problem.

Kinda a few problems this weekend. I found i had a sub that didnt seat to the box properly and was leaking...Yikes. So i fixed that. Subs hit hard enough to rattle the shit out of T400-4 and T1500 mount on the back ot the box and i know that cant be good. Removed amps and unplugged T1500 soo car is subless. It was a horrible rattle i could here from driver seat. So now i have to make a amp rack or reconfigure all wiring to mount then to trunk floor. Kinda bumbed but oh well. I guess that what happens when you upgrade subs.

More work next weekend.

No pics Booooo! Sounds like you did some work but with no pics I can't be sure hehe! Keep up the work bro!

Thanks. Waiting for SKYHIGH wire and ends to come in so i can redo some electrical. Still thinking about what to do with amps. Taking a break from build, Kinda getting burned out. Been play it with just mids and highs.....sure miss the bass though.

Sucks to hear you got bit by the burn out bug... I do understand how that goes tho.

Especially when your company of choice decides to suddenly raise pricing. (As always the little guys like us pay the ultimate price for shit like that).

What happened to your bass? Just not hooked up?

Thanks man, Long work hours with kinda crappy weather and waiting for wire to show up is slowing the motivation down some. Oh i hooked all electrical up couple weekends ago and playing tunes and kept hearing a horrible rattle from the trunk. Come to find out the bass from these new subs and box design is rattling the shit out of my amps, so bad i can hear them from the driver seat. Yuck. Removed amps from back of box and took out the T1500 until i come up with a new mounting plan.

Oh the whole RF things a bummer and that thread is going strong with Steve post alot. I think everyone hase good points. For me i miss my low ass prices from amazon. I wanted another set of T3s for the doors to fiberglass up but they went from $3500 to $600. No fuckin way i am paying that. So that put fiberglassing on hold too.

How father hood? Hows momma and the baby doing? I hope everyone is well! My GF got a 1.25 carrot stone that was 2 points from flawless for a smoking deal, she should have a ring early next week. Maybe my brother got it from amazon? lol

Fucking SKYHIGH rules! Ordered wires mid week and they just showed up! Coolest thing was when i ordered 20' of 0 AWG and 20 terminals w/ shrink wrap the order came to $112. Well there was no shipping costs added to order so i thought maybe they'd revise order costs when they seen it was shipped to AK. Guess not! And it was here FAST! Now for some more 4 AWG too! lol

Thanks SKYHIGH for giving me some motivation back. Happy Fathers day to me!

Could do some sort of flush mount for the amps. Then cover them up to keep them hidden away with a removable piece of carpet.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Thanks man, Long work hours with kinda crappy weather and waiting for wire to show up is slowing the motivation down some. Oh i hooked all electrical up couple weekends ago and playing tunes and kept hearing a horrible rattle from the trunk. Come to find out the bass from these new subs and box design is rattling the shit out of my amps, so bad i can hear them from the driver seat. Yuck. Removed amps from back of box and took out the T1500 until i come up with a new mounting plan.

Oh the whole RF things a bummer and that thread is going strong with Steve post alot. I think everyone hase good points. For me i miss my low ass prices from amazon. I wanted another set of T3s for the doors to fiberglass up but they went from $3500 to $600. No fuckin way i am paying that. So that put fiberglassing on hold too.

How father hood? Hows momma and the baby doing? I hope everyone is well! My GF got a 1.25 carrot stone that was 2 points from flawless for a smoking deal, she should have a ring early next week. Maybe my brother got it from amazon? lol

Lol @ ring from amazon... Sounds like a nice rock, you're fiancé should be happy, and hopefully it'll buy ya some leeway for more car audio. :) "diamonds that'll shut her up" hahaha.

Fatherhood is good, he's getting big.. Wishing he could talk already... But I know once he starts talking I'm gonna wish he'd shut up lol jk. I just know I'm gonna have to play answer man to a constant 3 million questions on a daily basis.

Anyway, good to hear bro, and glad things are looking up car audio wise for ya... Leave it to john Rabe to save the day lol :)

Archived