03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Sound deadener to finish of the interior completely. Totals up to $500+

IMG_1901_zps5adab0ee.jpg

Pull all the speakers out of the car today, working on kick panel mock up for 8's. So i put every thing in the living room that i had. Most is going back in.

IMG_1902_zps93ad22d1.jpg

IMG_1904_zps7870e511.jpg

IMG_1905_zps8e99a6db.jpg

Lego's, Cars, Speakers.....Always the kid in us.

What is the sub in those pictures? I thought you were using SoundQbed subs? That RF sub is outta place with the rest of your gear. Should create a front sub stage with that sub, or better yet, add the sub to your girlfriend's Malibu. Simply adding a sub to the factory system does wonders. Nah, front sub stage in the Lancer sounds like a better idea...lol.

The doors look great. NICE JOB. So, did you ever get to use the CDT'S? I'm curious how they sound because that's what I have, but have not even heard them yet. Just free-aired them to make sure they weren't blown when I bought them.

Thanks, no i just free air'd them too. Seem to work ok.

I would hope they sound good. I can't imagine a $900 component set NOT sounding good. That's what the selling price is on CDT'S website for the ES Series. I am not even 100% sure what line of components they ACTUALLY are. Been scouring their website and the ES series seem the closest looking and have the same "ES-300CC Competition Transient Optimized Eliptical Crossovers". Whatever "Transient and Eliptical" actually mean in this context. I'm assuming the "ES" in the crossover name means they are the ES series components. And as far as I can figure is that "ES" stands for EuroSport and my set has Euro Engineering written on the back of the magnet.

What is the sub in those pictures? I thought you were using SoundQbed subs? That RF sub is outta place with the rest of your gear. Should create a front sub stage with that sub, or better yet, add the sub to your girlfriend's Malibu. Simply adding a sub to the factory system does wonders. Nah, front sub stage in the Lancer sounds like a better idea...lol.

Its a 2012 RF T1D412 & i have that 1999 RF 1000a1 for it when i get around to doing anything in the Malibu. Good sub, Bad dox design it was in. Need to rebuild a box this spring for it.

The doors look great. NICE JOB. So, did you ever get to use the CDT'S? I'm curious how they sound because that's what I have, but have not even heard them yet. Just free-aired them to make sure they weren't blown when I bought them.

Thanks, no i just free air'd them too. Seem to work ok.

I would hope they sound good. I can't imagine a $900 component set NOT sounding good. That's what the selling price is on CDT'S website for the ES Series. I am not even 100% sure what line of components they ACTUALLY are. Been scouring their website and the ES series seem the closest looking and have the same "ES-300CC Competition Transient Optimized Eliptical Crossovers". Whatever "Transient and Eliptical" actually mean in this context. I'm assuming the "ES" in the crossover name means they are the ES series components. And as far as I can figure is that "ES" stands for EuroSport and my set has Euro Engineering written on the back of the magnet.

I think they will work good for you, i know they weren't cheap, the midbass drivers i have where $210.

Damn dude door(s) turned out amazing! Really really liking it man!

But IMO don't just clean that carpet trim, replace it with a fabric you like and would further tie in with the colors. thats literally the only thing that's holding the door back IMHO.

Otherwise A+ job, really nice work! Keep it up for those kicks :)

Damn dude door(s) turned out amazing! Really really liking it man!

But IMO don't just clean that carpet trim, replace it with a fabric you like and would further tie in with the colors. thats literally the only thing that's holding the door back IMHO.

Otherwise A+ job, really nice work! Keep it up for those kicks :)

Thanks man, i had my LED shop light on it when i took the pic plus the camera flash went off so it like an x-ray of the fabric. Will clean first and go from there.

Kick panals came in last night, went to Lowe's today for supplies. Kicks are going to be a challenge.

Hows your ride going?

Today's updates: Been painting panels most of the day. Old lady gave me an ear full for heading to garage soon to tear car down. I put a stop to that! But i though i could speed things up by having most of the panels painted.

Also cleaned fabric on doors and it turned out good enough. So while i was working on panels decided to deaden it, she's got mass to her now. Unfinished panel weighs 6 lbs and this one weighs in at 10.5 lbs. So ya she is solid and ready for the T2 comps when everything else gets finished.

IMG_1906_zps0e37f717.jpg

Deadened inside as far back as i could reach. This will be a closed pod for 1 T2 and the other will be open to the door cavity. i hope it works out well.

IMG_1907_zps3c455483.jpg

Shits addictive to work with, it took like 4 1/2 hrs to do this.

IMG_1912_zpse7bb5891.jpg

Cut out a nice circle of 1/4" Dyna liner for the back wall of sealed pod.

IMG_1909_zps4c164b4c.jpg

Shinny....

IMG_1908_zps490cbf90.jpg

Now you see why it took so long, probably thinking 4 1/2 hrs for what. For my over the top OCD. And it's fun to do, like therapy.

The finished product on the doors look great!!! VERY nice job!!! Where did you get your SEM from?

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived