Second Skin Audio

Regular Cab truck Box

What he likes is the same as me. I mostly listen to rock and country but my box is ported tuned to 36hz. For rock and country it sounds amassing and when I want to bump (decaf or my own mix using the red by Chevelle) it gets loud as hell. Last time it was metered hit a 142 but still sounds great with music like rock and country. Hell even classical musicales dub step lol pretty much every type of music.

I did not design the box I use JOEX did and he does a amasih job with them.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol no damn auto correct on my phone it was ment to be joe does a amazing job with them.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I use Inventor and sketchup, I personally prefer sketchup for box builing as you can change a whole part (assembly for inventor) in like 3 seconds instead of how with inventor you need to sometimes make a whole new file.

And Sketchup is free.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

It's made of rather thin wood, couldn't find the tuning, usually they go for 40Hz or so, port area is unknown. Also and the bottom depth is well beyond what you gave, it's important that the subs are not right against the back of the seats, some clearance is necessary. Lastly you had a fitting problem with the arm rest, how would you deal with that?

Archived