DC Sound Lab

May have a defect in one of my new subs..?

I need to find out who to contact on maybe getting some warranty on my subs.

I bought a pair of lvl 3 12s around 3 weeks ago. When i was installing today i was pressing one of the subs with my hand down and i could hear the VC rubbing on one side. Works and plays fine but seem like a defect... currently took that sub out so its not getting played..

I bought my subs from a different person from a different site but i cant get a response..

Whats my next step?

If the person wasn't authorized not much you can do. Can recone it probably

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

What rep ? I would pm rusty, or cj , or Jeff. They will do everything they can to help you

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

What rep ? I would pm rusty, or cj , or Jeff. They will do everything they can to help you

mylows10 @ caraudio.com

Im currently bassless without is reason im asking

Maybe one of them can chime in since this is their section of the forum.

Edited by Sethorama

If you bought them from Jim, he will need to handle the warranty issue for you. If you think that is is a warranty issue, you can also fill out the Repair Form http://www.dcaudio.us/warranty.html and send it in.

For future purchases, please let myself or Jeff help you, we are not going to disappear on you after the sale, we are here to help.

are you sure you pressed squarely on the cone? if the sub plays fine im wondering if you didn't press at a bit of an angle and just rubbed the coil slightly

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

If you bought them from Jim, he will need to handle the warranty issue for you. If you think that is is a warranty issue, you can also fill out the Repair Form http://www.dcaudio.us/warranty.html and send it in.

For future purchases, please let myself or Jeff help you, we are not going to disappear on you after the sale, we are here to help.

Thanks ill wait on his reply. but i do believe it will be a warranty repair... Its obviously a defect as my other one doesn't do it..

And my next one i will..

are you sure you pressed squarely on the cone? if the sub plays fine im wondering if you didn't press at a bit of an angle and just rubbed the coil slightly

Its only on one side of the sub. you can hear and feel it when pressing on the side only. your can press it squarely and it doesn't do it.

You can also tap the dust cap on the end and it also sounds different. that's how i actually first noticed it so i got a second opinion on it.

It may play fine now but id rather not have it go out a month or year from now..

if you dont hear any rubbing while playing then you might have not pressed the cone evenly. try doing it again but make sure your press down on it evenly