Sonic Electronix

*sticky* Free Tech support

I have asked around and Im not getting a response from anyone and I really would like to know what I should do. I have 2 Kicker cvr 15's that are in a sealed box. In my last car I kit 140db with them and I wanted to do a little more but I don't want to take my entire trunk to do so. I have a 04 grand prix btw. Anyway I know they would sound better in a ported box but as I stated I dont have the room. So I also have a single L7 12 that I was debating on getting a second and building a ported box for. I would like to know if I can get more db's out of the 2 L7 than the 15's off a ppi pc1400? Thanks for the help in advance

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

you need more power for the l7s

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Im currently in the market for another 1400 (if I can find one) anyway. So lets say I had the required power, could I do better than a 140 that I did with the 15's?

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

its all in your box. One thing that sucks about the l7s is they require a huge box if im remembering correctly. what meter did you do a 140 on

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have no idea what it was. Was something old, wasnt a termlab. I was also looking at a set of sundown SA12's but Idk much about them

I hate country too..

Big sealed box with the 15's

Wut I would do

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Big sealed box with the 15's

Wut I would do

I was also looking into the sundown sa12's in a ported box. I don't know a lot about th subs, only what I have read but do you think I could make more db's with those on my amp in a ported box than I could with my 15's in a sealed box?

I hate country too..

• 3 weeks later...

I just put a kicker L7 15 in a ported box in my womans deville. Sub towards trunk lid and port on drivers side rear of the box. The sub sounds awesome with the trunk opened and not so awesome with the trunk closed. Any idea if the port/sub placement has something to do with the issue?

I hate country too..

• 2 weeks later...

i have a vw jetta with two rf p2 12" in a sealed box i also have a rf p200-2 amp but i think i am under powering my subs. also i have herd that if i face the subs forward it wont sound as load as if i had it faced toward the trunk. im a total new-b and still trying to understand all this stuff about car audio.. so if i have the two rf p2 subs running at 2 ohms and 250 rms max. if i got an amp that could handle 500 rms at 4ohms would it work.. or am i doing this all wrong..

I was looking at some of these Soundstream DTR1-1700Ds, thought maybe get a couple to drive two dual 2 ohm woofers, had original Reference 1000s, but first ones were a little touch, played 18s well as each one had its own 1000, but had to redo them a few times, that was older line first year the 1000s came out Reference 500 never had issues.

Anyone have any issue running these D amps at 1 ohm, for the price rating is 1700 watts each x 2 14.4, Kinetic batter have 2 batteries currently, but need to upgrade alternator if I can find one, used Soundstream and RF T1500 T600 most likely use T600 for mids highs still have it bd series, 2 Alpines in Vented 1.74 box to Alpine spec box, going to larger woofer miss the shake, sound and feel of 18s way to big of boxes each had something like 3.8 c ft, looking at new L7-15s? New to site, so just wondering what you guys think. Victor at Soundstream was always helpful when we need any service to old 1000s, but sold them, time to move on they always sounded clean to me. Home we use a BIC America PL-200 sub, 12s for me seem to be OK here. Oh woofers will be in sealed box, try one first see how it goes. Any problems you think of let me know, it was either this way or a 2 ohm stable 2000 watt amp wire 15s which one I have is dual 2 ohm, but these soundstream or a least this one has a pretty clean SN believe it is higher them some 92 or 95 SN. They do have a beast 3400 model, but just very insecure of running a .5 ohm load rated or not.

Archived