IBleedMusick Posted November 30, 2011 Report Posted November 30, 2011 Hi Ray, Just one question that I just need a clear cut answer too because so far everyone around me has given me 100 different answers. I just got this digital volt meter and I would simply like to make sure that while my system is playing I can monitor my voltage so I know I am not dropping to low and that I stay above 13.8v so where exactly do I attach the wire so that voltage is accurately read. I have already mounted and grounded the meter just need to figure out where to connect the other wire so voltage is read properly. BTW I drive a 2005 Honda Civic LX if that info is needed. Thanks in advance! *Edit* I had it connected to the 12v source that I use for my amp turn ons and accessories but I noticed it constantly fluctuated (never dropped below 13.6) but I always figured it should remain steady. Someone told me it was suppose to do that but it didn't make any sense to me. 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
Winn Posted December 2, 2011 Report Posted December 2, 2011 Ray is this the right relay? http://www.darvex.com/store/pc/Car-Audio-12-Volt-Standard-Relay-119p797.htm Wanted to make sure before i bought it You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back. JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE
Ray Posted December 2, 2011 Author Report Posted December 2, 2011 Connect the lead to the power connection right at your amplifier. In with the 4awg or what ever size power wire you have. Then calibrate the volt meter with a dmm. To make sure its correct. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Ray Posted December 2, 2011 Author Report Posted December 2, 2011 Yes winn.. Thats it 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Ray Posted December 2, 2011 Author Report Posted December 2, 2011 Yes winn.. Thats it 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
IBleedMusick Posted December 2, 2011 Report Posted December 2, 2011 Thanks a lot Ray for that worked great. 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
Nine8SST Posted December 2, 2011 Report Posted December 2, 2011 Ray, will I have any problem running 2 cooling fans and 2 amp remotes all off the same relay? 1998 SS/T Ram Build Log - Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation - 2 DC Level 3 12" - Components??? - Sundown ??? - Sundown??? - Knu Konceptz - Second Skin Dampy Pro - XS D6500
Ray Posted December 2, 2011 Author Report Posted December 2, 2011 If we are talking computer style case fans No problem. A standard "bosch" style relay will support 30amps continuous. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
CJ18 Posted December 2, 2011 Report Posted December 2, 2011 Ray, I have severe motor noise coming from my tweeter when I rev my engine and just an annoying hum while at idle. I have tried grounding my RCAs to the headunit without luck. What else could I do that may get rid of this? I am running my 4 channel RCAS to a Kicker KX3 and then running the front channel with a 20x crossover to 1 side of 1 of my 175.4s. I am splitting the other rear channel 3 times with a standard crossover to the other 3 sets on the 2 175.4s but do not get any noise through the mids in the doors. Can you help? Thanks Cody
Nine8SST Posted December 2, 2011 Report Posted December 2, 2011 If we are talking computer style case fans No problem. A standard "bosch" style relay will support 30amps continuous. Cool thanks man......hey I'm sending you a PM! 1998 SS/T Ram Build Log - Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation - 2 DC Level 3 12" - Components??? - Sundown ??? - Sundown??? - Knu Konceptz - Second Skin Dampy Pro - XS D6500
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.