Ray Posted September 2, 2012 Author Report Posted September 2, 2012 Just tap the 4 channels at hu before the amp Should match up with a standard honda harness 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Kyblack76 Posted September 2, 2012 Report Posted September 2, 2012 Just tap the 4 channels at hu before the amp Should match up with a standard honda harness Every single HONDA harness ive ever seen wouldnt work, or adapt to the junk in my ride?.... ive looked everywhere,........?? So, i was gonna ditch the stock amp, and tap into the 4 channels,.. and instead of going the high level into my RF .2, i was going to go low level..... From what we bullshit about earlier,... The stock HU is "band passing" my sig. I saw your vid using the RTA, and this renewed my interest. BUT..... i thought the "band passing" was done at or after the stock amp, and not the HU itself......soooooooo, If i tap right after the stock HU, will i achieve anything worth a shit? Then, you messaged me to go ahead and go for a signal just after the HU,... SO, i bought these instead of making my own, hoping for better quality.. I was 3 seconds away from ordering new subs, and building a new box,.. then... got a lil scared i can even achieve what i really want..............Man,.. i wish i could just drive to you... again,.... thanks bro, much and many thanks SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Kyblack76 Posted September 2, 2012 Report Posted September 2, 2012 Let me get some more pics,.. dig into it a lil bit more,..... and ill slap you back....... Thanks buddy..... I just want to really struggle through this,...and have a hard to do LOUD truck build that sounds good..... but,.. do it right,....better than just kinda "right" Im driving laura bat shit crazy, because i cant deciede on anything, or any direction, or what to do ???????.... Sucks bud, and has taken any and all fun outta it....... SAD FUGGIN FACE..... im being a tit...... but, its meh ,.. ya know.... anyway,,.. i didnt want to bug you,.. i know you need at least SOME sleep this week... LOL... EDIT - Ray, is there a way for me to test? i do NOT have a RTA, but, a bad to the bone scope........... (thanks again,.. go chill, im takin the wife to the lake for a bit,.. and will be back.. peace out beotch) SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Ray Posted September 2, 2012 Author Report Posted September 2, 2012 It is a honda harness. Year make and model again please. Like 02 TL right? Its only BP out of the amp But you do prob have noise cancelling shit in the deck. Im here with ya till it gets sorted out. Even if i gotta steal a TL and rta the whole thing myself. Get me a pic of the harness that pulgs into your deck. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Kyblack76 Posted September 2, 2012 Report Posted September 2, 2012 Ray,...!!!!!!! 2007 Acura TSX... NO TL buddy....lol.. I would DREAM for it to be a TL .... Id probably not even be asking for help on that vehicle... But... (I can pm/FB you, if you want more inner detail) if you want to build the loudest trunk built TSX, with OEM/STOCK HU in The area!!! I'm in... In and in...But I need some help...!! Man, I wanna just get to you.... You and yours seem to be all about the game changing shit as of late... I freakin dig it... Remember... NO EASY TL!!.. TSX BRO!!... I was gonna give up, but,.. I just feel like I could do something TRULY different,.. And honestly.. Can't do it with out you... Anyway.. Please PLEASE stay with me..... & ... Stay gold buddy You don't need to reply today.. I just don't wanna bug you with my stupid shit.... Tha is again bro.. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Kyblack76 Posted September 2, 2012 Report Posted September 2, 2012 Opps.. And I will get you a pick of the harness.. In out, and the other.. But!!!,... I probably can NOT give you a deck harness pick bro... I CAN give you a pic of the harness that comes outta the deck and INTO THE STOCK amp... The harness coming right outta the deck will and would take me a lotta time bro... Sorry.. Bu, I can snap a pic of the harness/connection that goes right Into the stock amp in like 10 seconds. Hey West, Thanks... I need to tell you we have about given up with this build.... Does my heart good with some stellar.. Epic help... Glad you give a shit....really. Thanks Klb SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Ray Posted September 2, 2012 Author Report Posted September 2, 2012 Google... Tsx mercman harness I can just make you one for 120.00 shipped you plug it in behind the deck Or solder on rcas to the wires Its a standard honda harness. F/r..L/r are pinned correctly. Its just a balanced output. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Ray Posted September 2, 2012 Author Report Posted September 2, 2012 The mercman harness plugs into the amp plug. Basically bypasses it. See if you can find one for sale 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
ROLEXrifleman Posted September 2, 2012 Report Posted September 2, 2012 Just wanted to make sure as I havent been working on car audio in several years. if one stacks active crossovers all your doing is increasing the slope correct? I mean as long as you cross over at the same frequency... I.E. Amp has a 12dB slope variable from 20-100Hz. I set it to low pass at 100Hz. My processor has a selectable 60/80/100, also at 12db. I choose low pass at100Hz and feed the amp. I have now created a 24dB slope at 100Hz, Correct? TIA Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Ray Posted September 2, 2012 Author Report Posted September 2, 2012 Not exactly. 1 is done in the digital realm and one is done analog. Good practice is to never "cascade" crossovers. Just pick 1 and use it. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.