Sundown Audio

Is This True?

I used to run the brutus amps, great entry level amps, they do not make rated power, that kicker amp does more than rated power all day long.

my buddy has 2 12 L7's 07's and a brutus 1200.1 amp on them and man that bitch pushes them like crazyyyyyyyyy and he only has the amp half way and bout pounds them out the box

my buddy has 2 12 L7's 07's and a brutus 1200.1 amp on them and man that bitch pushes them like crazyyyyyyyyy and he only has the amp half way and bout pounds them out the box

Why do people consider amp gain as a volume knob....??

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

bottom line the brutus amp doesnt do rated power so it uses less amperage

like david said it takes power to make power

there is no magic amp that uses very little amps and massive amounts of power

and like accordman said if u dont wanna take our advice then just do wut u think is right and dont listen to the people that know

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Now Why Do You Say Brutus Are Over Rated And Kicker Is Not

Kicker Is Over Rated But Not alotttttt kicker you got to have like 4 batterys and 2 alternator to push it to it full power

brutus you need like 2 batts and you will push it to it's max

brutus does what is says

Have you actually tested the output of either amp? I owned a kx2500.1 and it... bout pounded a BTL out the box. That doesn't mean it was giving out max output.

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

this seems like another one of those threads where no matter whats said your not going to listen

i am listening to everything and thanks for all of you that replyed but i just really do not know if i should keep the zx2500.1 or get a different amp?

b/c right now i am useing it to push 4 15 L5's it sounds good but i nnnnnnneeeeddddd a high out put alternator for my grand marquis and then i will really see what that amp will do

i already got the big 3 dual batterys and 0ga wire running back just need the alternator

Have you actually tested the output of either amp? I owned a kx2500.1 and it... bout pounded a BTL out the box. That doesn't mean it was giving out max output.

no i have not tested the output but when i get the amp back from getting fixed and reconditioned i will test the output and let ya'll know