•    

RooTxBeeR

Setting up big computer build + home theatre

What are your home-theater options as of now?

As in speakers, amplifiers, pre-amps, ect..

Yeah, i'd go 1080p.

How do you think 3, R9 290's would work on 1440?? lmao, just throwing it out there. I actually found a Z87 board for 190, that has 3 PCI 3.0 x16 slots, compared to the one I am getting that is only 2 and cost 100 more.

fast, hot x3.

What are your home-theater options as of now?

As in speakers, amplifiers, pre-amps, ect..

I was looking at all dayton gear off of parts express. Their bookshelf speakers x4, left and right, front and rear. Dayton Center, and more than likely a dayton sub bult into a custom enclosure. As far as stereo I had a pioneer on the list that would match all them for their RMS rating but I would need to make sure that the stereo has a optical connection. If not I will need to look elsewhere.

Yeah, i'd go 1080p.

How do you think 3, R9 290's would work on 1440?? lmao, just throwing it out there. I actually found a Z87 board for 190, that has 3 PCI 3.0 x16 slots, compared to the one I am getting that is only 2 and cost 100 more.

fast, hot x3.

Hmmm, definetely a game changer lmao. just need to make up my mind on 60hz or 120hz. Would like it to be as clear as it possibly can be. If I am going all out, lol want it to be the Shit!!!!!

120hz, no questions. A pair of 290's at 3x 1920x1080 will be fine. Just be ready for a bit of noise and make sure you've got a cpu to keep them going.

I don't have any experience with 120hz, but 1440p is much more beautiful (assuming you aren't going with the Tempest or other).

3x 290's will be supper duper hot lol, but I would still run it if I could.

As for audio, I haven't looked at the Dayton gear you are looking at, but they are a great company.

I don't have any experience with 120hz, but 1440p is much more beautiful (assuming you aren't going with the Tempest or other).

3x 290's will be supper duper hot lol, but I would still run it if I could.

As for audio, I haven't looked at the Dayton gear you are looking at, but they are a great company.

why do you say if I'm not using the Tempest? Just curious. And even if I am, that's Soooo much just on monitors lol. And Steve, I'm pretty sure the i7 4770k oc'ed can keep up. I was looking around and seen a few places saying that, that one is in the top of the line of Intel cpu's Edited by RooTxBeeR

Just meant an overclocked 1440p panel to get the best of both worlds.

Just meant an overclocked 1440p panel to get the best of both worlds.

Oh I get ya. Well, It is a decision now. I am sticking with the 3 PCI slot mobo so down the road I can get a third and really let them FPS shine. Just need to save up for that price tag on 3 of those monitors lmao.

You wont see a huge difference in 60hz and 120hz, especially with Vsync on. A higher res IPS panel would look hot though.

You wont see a huge difference in 60hz and 120hz, especially with Vsync on. A higher res IPS panel would look hot though.

Completely untrue, especially if you get a 120hz panel that supports black frame insertion or "lightboost".

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now